random freezes

zackcon2

In Runtime
ok i have a computer that all the drivers are up to date i made sure of that. im thinking there are some componets going bad in it but im not sure and i dont know how to tell was thinging about swaping them out with diferent computer so see what happens. any ideas or sugetions?

I wouldn't OC, I would set and leave at factory default. Crack your case, and check to make sure no capacitors are popped or bulging out. If you have any diagnostic software, or a diag partition, run a check on all hardware, specifically motherboard and memory. Have you checked logs for any stop errors or anything else indicating what might be going on?

I think Matt might have had a few... what he just said made little sense at all.

When you say 'random freezes' - do you mean the whole computer, cursor and all freeze on the screen and you have to reboot? That is almost always a memory problem. Get Memtest86 and run it.

If anything like your board or graphics were going pearshaped, or there was a driver issue, you would be getting STOP 0x0000000 errors (Blue screens of... deadness.).

well since you said that when the power is on there a high pitch squeel comes from the computer so I guess I got to find it and see if the warranty is Still good. And I wouldn't oc it anyway its running in the factory cooler.

The whole computer will freeze for .5-1secs rather often but yea ill check when. I get. Home

its xp. the noise comes from inside the power suppply. it has always done it guess should have sent it back as soon as i got it.

Back
Top Bottom