Help!!! [upgrade]

Red_Move

Beta member
Okay so i got a second hand packard bell ISTART 1379 and I'm looking to upgrade it. The specs are:

Packard Bell BV RC415 MOBO Socket 775
Intel Celeron D CPU 3.46GHz, L2 Cache 512KB,
1.536MB DDR2 533MHZ RAM,
NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 256MB PCI-E.

Ive have searched google and found that my processor isn't much good. Does anyone know of a good quality processor at a good price that can handle the requirements of todays games?

Thanks

Connor

i will get a core2quad if i where you. you can't use the new cpu's. so you will have to do with something older. but a core2quad will be ALOT better than that shitty Celeron.
be aware that your computer might not boot after installing the cpu. thats becouse it does not know how to handle it. you then need to do a bios update.
before buying the cpu you need to be sure that packard bell have made that motherboard support core2quads. reed the bios update history to be sure.
now where you are at is i think you should also consider the graphic card and the RAM.
you will not be able to play the newest games with that graphic card.... also the ram are a problem when i commes to gaming.

if i where you i will go buy a new system... or build one.

Red_Move, is the system functional? Does it run Windows?

If it does, grab Speccy - System Information - Free Download and install the program (it's free, don't let the "pay for" link sway you, look further down) once the program is running, go to the File menu and choose "Save as Text File..." and then save it to the desktop. Open the text file and paste it as a reply here. It'll help us isolate things on the board that will help us figure out which CPU it'll support.

DDR2 is relatively expensive these days. If you can get yourself into 4GB of DDR2, that would be best.

The GPU is definitely underpowered as Echo suggested. If you want to play "the latest games" you'll need a high end card, or at least something fast enough for the games you want to play. Give us an idea of which games you like and we can go from there.

Back
Top Bottom