Random Chit Chat

CAS 7 timing is really tight. You might want to google search your motherboard and see how it handles that. Then again, you can just manually bump it up if it seems unstable. The price does look appealing. I've heard good things about the old Crucial Ballistix back with the DDR2 era. I think you'd be fine if you want to save some dough and grab some for the shell shocker.

I thought the ram timings will increase to whatever the motherboard supports or whatever is stable.
I checked the Crucial website. Checked the compatibility page with my motherboard, and it says "Guaranteed-compatible with the MSI (Micro Star) 880G-E45".

Hopefully I will be able to buy this RAM and be able to upgrade my PC soon.

I thought the ram timings will increase to whatever the motherboard supports or whatever is stable.
I checked the Crucial website. Checked the compatibility page with my motherboard, and it says "Guaranteed-compatible with the MSI (Micro Star) 880G-E45"

I should have probably elaborated. Yes, it will run at whatever your board will handle. Now, it should run at CAS7, it's just that sometimes boards get finicky with that tight of a timing. So, to compensate, I typically equate 1 full CAS number to one full RAM speed number. So therefore, if I am having doubts about CAS 8 DDR3 1333, I'll snag CAS9 DDR3 1600 to effectively compensate.

Okay. So. Someone PLEASE explain to me why, when I open a thread from an email notification, I ALWAYS have to sign in to the site, even if I've checked 'remember me.'

ALWAYS. It's so annoying. Like. I can close my browser and restart my computer and I'm still logged in to the site. But, when I open from an email, it never fails, I have to sign in.

Back
Top Bottom