Bike Thread

thats alot of bikes O.O do you sell them or just refurbish and keep them?
I Refurbish Them And Sell Them,
I Just Bought A Bianchi Forza For $60 From a MORON and Sold It For $300

I Refurbish Them And Sell Them,
I Just Bought A Bianchi Forza For $60 From a MORON and Sold It For $300
Here Are A Couple Of Examples
Pacific Premier road bike
Fuji Sagres- tall road bike
<<NOT ADVERTISING>>
I Am Not That In To Mountain Bikes Or BMX Bikes Either...

photo.php
photo.php
253398_2010082364055_1003595222_2336791_7036540_n.jpg

Baby ninja

227252_1965375326407_1003595222_2275436_4740029_n.jpg

248636_1965351885821_1003595222_2275401_6963545_n.jpg

Honda CBR 250, Bike booked on last month. Waiting for delivery,,,,,,,,,,,

This is what i'm riding around on at the moment:

247390_156860704382415_100001754605156_341569_3442689_n.jpg

I feel a bit like Clint Eastwood on a Shetland Pony when i see bigger bikes racing around, but it gets me there and does 80 to the gallon. I've no idea what to look for, it just feels like every option is too damn expensive - i can't find a job that pays well and i can't afford a bike i feel comfortable on the dual carriageway with for anything like cheap enough. Insurance stings me up something chronic too. I hate being young/poor, and insurance companies assuming every 17 year old male is a yobbo.

dark, if your going to get a cruiser this would get something from this line: (2009 Rebel Overview - Honda Powersports) its the right bike for a beginner in the U.S. so of course i would assume the same with Brittan. i'm sure you could find one cheap in the states on a sight like Craigslist. but shipping will probably be a problem for you. but i would stick with what you have until you have the money to throw around. good luck :)

Legally speaking, as a provisional licensee i am restricted to an engine size of 125cc and a power output of no more than 14.6BHP. This makes it dreadfully hard to find something nice and reliable AND 125cc with less than 14.6BHP. Certain CBR 125Rs are legal at 14BHP, and some aren't at 15ishBHP. Same story with YZRs, TZRs, VT Shadows and the like. They don't look after us british L-plate warriors too well.

Im sort of torn,

between my sense of professionalism:

yamaha%20ybr%20125%20for%20sale.jpg

this bike looks very sensible, has all the necessary gauges and stuff, this would be the professional option.

and my sense of style:

442_0_1_2_vt%20125%20shadow_Image%20credits%20-%20Louie%20(Jock)%20Munday.jpg

i love this look (and these bikes, the shadows) although it's utterly crazy, and like most cruisers you have to guess how much fuel you have. Apparently the power of the VT 125 is officially 10.8kW, under the 11kW limit.

i've gone from lack of options to too many D:

and like most cruisers you have to guess how much fuel you have:

That is pretty much all bikes, The only time I know I'm close to empty is when the reserve indicator comes on which leaves ~40-50 miles before empty. When you stop at a light just knock on the tank it's a pretty good indicator of how full the tank is. I also just top off anytime I plan on riding any more than 100 miles but I am sure you will get way better mileage than I get on mine so you may not need to worry as much. I like to keep it full in case I end up just taking a long detour. Then again I like to find some curvy back roads where I can try and drag my knees a little, jeans with holes in the knees are fashionable these days but why pay for jeans already worn a bit... LOL

I would go with option 2 if I was you, there is nothing worse than buying something you really didn't want. If you are like me every time you see one you will wish you got it instead until you break down and get one. Might as well go for the one you want to save some hassle.

I probably spend alot more time milling about and travelling for my own pleasure than i spend commuting or traveling in a professional capacity. And i see what you mean, I had considered that actually but hadn't come to a decision yet. When i would be comuting, i'd feel fine riding the YBR, but whenever i was running down the missus' place or to/from the town for my own enjoyment, i might feel a little bit bored or unstylish on a commuter :p

By the way, what do you fellas/ladies know about small engined four-stroke cruisers? I know Suzuki made a couple (VL125 Intruder, Marauder 125), as do Yamaha (DragStar, Virago), likewise Honda (VT Shadow). Which do you think would provide the most satisfaction? I'm talking in terms of engine purr and harley-ness xP

Back
Top Bottom