Building a Laptop: Worth it?

JacobP

Baseband Member
I'm thinking of buying a different laptop but I can't find one that I want. I'm going to bring mine back so I'm going to have around $600 dollars.
So, I was wondering if building a Laptop was a good investement and worth my time. If you know, could you tell me how and give me a suggestion of what to buy. I only have a $600 investement so I can't get too much.
Please help me!

almost all laptop chassis's are custom designed for a particular laptop, there aren't any 'general' cases like there are for desktops. Mobile components are so scarce, and there is such a lot more fluctuations in compatibility you may aswell not bother. For instance, although the socket is the same, an Athlon board probably won't take a phenom or sempron. Just buy a decent lappy and upgrade the parts you aren't 100% with.

Yeah. Honestly, I would classify this venture as impossible. I once wanted to build one before I did a quick Google search to realize it wasn't practical at all. You'll pay out the nose for it, and it still won't be fully custom, to be honest. Just do what Darkseeker said. What I do when I buy laptops is, unless there are good free upgrades, I get the most basic RAM and HDD package, then upgrade those myself (just make sure that if you're getting lower RAM to still get 64-bit Windows).

Back
Top Bottom