I did something stupid

iracongi

Beta member
First of all Hi im new:)

unfortunately I did something pretty dumb. My laptop crashed(its an HP) and eventually I decided to reformat it. It seemed fine for a while but then suddenly it stopped and I stupidly assumed it was time to insert the next disk. So I interrupted my computer while it was reformatting and now it wont reformat at all. Everytime I put in the disk it just keeps looping saying the disk is in and preparing to start. Any help would be appreciated in how I can fix this problem.

Thanks

I'm assuming you don't care about any of the data on the harddrive. Have you tried turning the computer off and start the installation over again? If not, try that. Just hold the power button until the computer shuts down, insert the first disk, and turn it back on. Are they just HP recovery disks or are they complete Window's disks?

yeah I gave up all hope on the data, and they are recovery disks I made when I first got my computer. Ive tried shutting it off and restarting it multiple times. It says Windows is loading files, and then switches to a blue screen with my cursor and then goes back to saying that "windows is loading files"

Hmm... Have you tried leaving it like this for a while to see if it's just taking a long time? Does the computer have a recovery partition or are these disks the only means of reinstalling Windows that you have? If the computer came with disks, you could call HP and see if you can get replacement ones.

Back
Top Bottom