Why do my parents have to approve me buying a computer??

IknowLITTLE

In Runtime
So, ive been saving my birthday money and have finally made enough to buy a computer. well, i go to tell my parents that i want to build my own computer and that ive got enough i just need to use their paypal. "well me and your mom have to talk about it.." WHAT!? WHY!? and the sad part is i need them to buy me a windows copy so i cant tell them that i shouldnt need their permission. and tbh, i dont see whats their to talk about.. other than the fact my dad has a computer twice as good as the one i have and doesn't know how to open a new tab.. well thats all for my random rant..

Seems like they just want to discuss if they should let you use their paypal. If its not about the paypal, then they just want to see if you should actually spend all your money. Yeah, it's your money, but parents usually wants their kids to learn how to save money. Always have a little on the side for a rainy day. Or it could be that they don't trust you can actually build a computer.

One thing you can do is go to a store that sells prepaid debit card, and purchase one. I think online sites accept prepaid debit cards. That is what people told me to do, though I never tried it.

yeah, i guess. just makes me mad because ive been drolling all over this computer for ages, reading up on it the whole bit. hopefully im able to get it before the new WoW expansion... tierd of 9fps...

LOL, naa, if you go over to the gallery fourm and go to the bike post and look at mine, youll see i love my parents very much. dont hate them that much.

It could be that they want to talk about the parts that you're buying, to see if you've really thought it through.
they might think that you should be spending your money on better things.

They might even be talking about just how much they are going to put towards your computer, given that you've saved a whole heap of money, they might be thinking about saying that you don't have to spend all your money as they'll help you buy it.

well some of those sound like they may be logical, but definitly not the last one, im trying to get them to buy me a copy of windows 7.. if i had my guess their going to use it to make me do more chores (even though its my money..)

Back
Top Bottom