Need help!

Ryandaman12

Beta member
I have been slowly upgrading my computer since i bought it in 2007 and here are the specs:

Hard Drive: 400 GB seagate
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster running at 1440x900
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB
CPU: AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz
Power Supply: 650W
RAM: 2GB OCZ 800Mhz

I feel like this is a pretty good setup, but i cant even run WoW on ultra settings without chugging down and i only get like 20 fps. I havent tried any other games really so idk how it fares with those. all my drivers are up to date, i just feel that i should be getting alot better fps than that. anyone help please?

Can you give more detail on the power supply? "650watts" don't tell people anything at all besides a number. It might be the psu being overworked and bringing the other components down with it. Then again i doubt that, probably just the area in wow that you're in.

If you want better quality and more fps get a better Video Card and Ram. I would suggest 4-8 Gb Ram(which could range from $60-$100) and a video card like a Radeon 6850.(could be around $140-$180)

That's what I was thinking. I have 4gb of ram coming and I was going to buy a radeon hd 5770 hawk by MSI

With 5770 you'll get around 40 fps on high with Crysis Warhead but with 6850 you'll get around 65 fps. For an extra $20-$30 I personally would get the 6850. That's just my opinion.

If you really want the best you can put in an extra $50 or so and get a Radeon HD6870

Back
Top Bottom