<HELP!> Partitioning

JacobP

Baseband Member
I need a Windows XP but I want to keep my Windows 7. Is there any way I can partition my hard drive so that I can have two different opperating systems. I don't want to go out and buy a different hard drive. Anyways, if I did I would have to change them out 24/7 since I have a laptop with only one hard drive slot.

Thanks,
I appreciate all comments, except those of you who flame, I hate you. :)

Yes, you would basically partition the drive into two "Logical" Drives. you could then re-partition the new volume and install windows 7 on the new partition. I have no idea why you want to do this though, I'd just do an in place upgrade from XP to 7, but that's up to you.

Lol, it's okay, and thanks guys.

Also, Could I have three partitions and have Linux, Windows 7 and Ubuntu?

You could, but you need to watch what order you load them in. I would load both Windows first, then load Linux last, since their boot utility picks up Windows better than the windows boot utility picks up Linux. Also, be very careful adjusting partition sizes, quick way to lose data if you don't know what you're doing. BACK UP DATA before doing ANYTHING said above!

I knew how to partition and I ALWAYS have a 10 Gb backup to store all my important files. It's hidden and theres a C files which put a password on it. :) Yet if this were to have a means of deleting I would be sad. Anyways I now have Ubuntu and Windows 7 yet it's kinda hard to put Linux on it.

Back
Top Bottom