I'm new here need help my bad if this sounds weird.

To simply play StarCraft 2 you'll actually want to upgrade your video card and possibly your power supply. You have enough HD space and RAM to run the game. I wouldn't expect miracles though as the machine itself is only $298.00 to start with. What's your upgrade budget?

To simply play StarCraft 2 you'll actually want to upgrade your video card and possibly your power supply. You have enough HD space and RAM to run the game. I wouldn't expect miracles though as the machine itself is only $298.00 to start with. What's your upgrade budget?
I have about 500 songs though would that matter? And my budget is $200-$350.

I would actually recommend getting a 1TB external drive for your Data. Better for backups, data, etc. for $69.99: Newegg.com - Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBAAU0010HBK-NESN
Upgrade the power supply for $79.99: Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
Upgrade the Video Card for $99.99: Newegg.com - HIS H545H1GD1 Radeon HD 5450 Silence 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express x1 Low Profile Video Card with Eyefinity (Includes low profile bracket for your slimline PC)

Total Upgrade cost: $249.97 + Tax/Shipping

Don't go right out and buy this stuff. (Well at least not the power supply, not yet)

Your motherboard may have a different connection for the main motherboard connector. Do you have a 24 pin single connector or a 20 Pin connector + 4 pin connector?

Being emachines there's probably a high chance of proprietary connections. What might happen is a full upgrade, case, motherboard, video card etc just to get this stuff powered. Many oem companies are known to do this stuff, makes it hard to upgrade.

I'm not saying this is what will happen, but has a high chance that is what will happen if you go to plug all of this in.

The power supply should be the first thing that gets replaced. Emachine power supplies are notorious for prematurely failing, sometimes taking the motherboard out with them.

Being emachines there's probably a high chance of proprietary connections. What might happen is a full upgrade, case, motherboard, video card etc just to get this stuff powered. Many oem companies are known to do this stuff, makes it hard to upgrade.

I'm not saying this is what will happen, but has a high chance that is what will happen if you go to plug all of this in.

I've already done a lot of research on the machine and it's motherboard, the Video card is compatible I know that one.

The power supply should be the first thing that gets replaced. Emachine power supplies are notorious for prematurely failing, sometimes taking the motherboard out with them.

Only comes with a 250W if I remember correctly...

You can play Starcraft II on that computer, but the settings can't be turned up high. Your computer has an integrated graphics card which means that it is built into the motherboard as opposed to being a separate removable/replaceable part. If you were looking to upgrade this computer you would need to identify if it has what is called a PCI-Express port on the motherboard itself. This is where removable GPUs or graphics cards are installed. The type or size of hard-drive you have will usually not stop you from playing any game. If you have room to install the game, you have room to play it. You MUST upgrade the power-supply if you are planning on upgrading ANYTHING in this computer. They are cheap. You have a 250 watt one. 600 watts run about 60 bucks. Certain parts require more power. Rule of thumb: if its better, it needs more power. The cheapest and simplest way to upgrade this computer, which might not even be worth it, would be to buy a cheap, but good, GPU (if the computer has the appropriate port), and swapping out the powersupply for a new one. Might sound intimidating, but its actually just like putting puzzle pieces together. Plus, it's just something good to know how to do yourself. If it is possible and worth it to you, you should return this computer for one that comes with a removable GPU so you know for a fact you can upgrade it.

Back
Top Bottom