anonymous internet subscriptions

tm404lx

Beta member
Hi,

I'm only asking if there is a way on earth to have an internet subscription without registering it under one's true name. An anonymous one, I mean.

What do you mean by Internet subscriptions? If you mean an RSS feed, then yes, but if you mean an email newsletter, then no.

do you mean an internet connection?

Yes, an internet connection for my notebook/desktop.
I assure all of you that I don't want that for any illegal purpose: in that case, I would already know the way without asking here.

With any Internet Service Provider, you're going to need to provide personal information to get the service started. I'm not sure how it works abroad, but in the United States you need to provide a social security number. So, unless you can fake one of these to match a fake name...then you can't. As for Internet Anonymity, such a thing doesn't really exist. No matter what precautions you take, the data will be transmitted through someone's server/service. That information is going to include your IP address, which relates back to your SS#. At the end of the day, there's no anonymity unless you really know what you're doing, and even then, there's always a connection trail
To that end:
Elements of the crime
The elements required to prove a violation of 42 U .S.C. § 408( a)(7) (B) are:
( 1 ) false representation of a Social Security Account number
( 2 ) with intent to deceive,
( 3 ) for any purpose.
Source: Page 6

An internet connection requires a SS#, and providing a fake one is illegal.

Back
Top Bottom