Ebay

graham7773

Baseband Member
First post so take it easy. I like to buy and sell on ebay but for the last few months I have not been able to place an ad from my computer despite changing my hard drive and also putting a completely different formatted hard drive in with a fresh instal of windows xp home. I have found that if I log on to ebay from my daughters machine (different physical address) I can place the ads. The problem rises when I try to write a description. I cannot write in the ebay ad description area at all. Any ideas, suggestions? Long post but I could not shorten it and make sense.

I've had similar issues, then it was something to do with security.

a couple of years ago, in a bid to cut down on all the fraudulent auctions being placed from stolen accounts ebay did some weird security thing that seems to tie your computer to your account.

so in the past I've placed an ad then realised that I've wanted to change the description, and not been able to do it at lunch time at work because i've had to be using the same computer used to place the ad or something.

-basically try changing the description on your daughters PC

Yep, I am using Mozilla Firefox and Windows Internet Explorer. Same thing with both. I cannot describe my items. I can upload photos but the panel/dialogue box where the description is supposed to go is inaccessable ie cannot be written to. Ebay "help" is useless. I have tried about 6 times to get a solution from them and they cannot comprehend what I am saying. Or refuse to help in this matter.

Have you made sure that your browser is updated to the latest version and your Java, Flash Player and all other plugins that usually are used are also on the latest versions? Also you might want to download CCLeaner and fix all the registry problems it finds and re-boot your system after doing it to see if it's with the registry.

~J4mmy

Back
Top Bottom