KeyLogger?

What is a keylogger and what does a keylogger do are basically the same question. A Keylogger is a piece of coded software, usually coded for a specific purpose. A keylogged does what it sounds like, it logs your keystrokes and tells the administrator of said keylogger every key you've pressed. Now, whether it's good or bad is a harder question.

It's bad, if you caught it like malware, from a download, and you don't know where it came from. They could get hold of any information you key in, anyway.

It's not so bad, even good, if it has been placed on clients by an administrator, since this can help track the usage of said clients, and relieve the dependance on proxy servers.

I think keyloggers are the most feared form of malware.
I use Snoopfree Privacy Shield to ward off keyloggers before they infect my pc. It may not work with windows 7 though.

Rogue antiviruses ughhh

I had one called Ms removal tool (or something) and it blocked me from using firefox and other applications. Had to remove it in safe mode.

Keylogger is a software designed to log all your keystrokes and send them to the person who made the infected file in order to gain information in terms of login to sites and maybe financial data. The logs are usually sent straight to the e-mail of the owner of that virus or as off-line .txt files if you are infected with RAT ( Remote Administartion Tool) which gives the infecter even better access to your computer.

If you wish to prevent your keystrokes being logged i'd suggest getting a key scrambler which basically sens not understandable logs as it encrypts each keystroke into a string consisting of mixture of letters, numbers and special characters.

~J4mmy

...or use a keyboard software, "soft keyboard" which is basically a keyboard on your screen you operate with your mouse. That way keyloggers cannot get the text you type. :D

...or use a keyboard software, "soft keyboard" which is basically a keyboard on your screen you operate with your mouse. That way keyloggers cannot get the text you type. :D

Some of the most advanced keyloggers can also capture those strokes. Just saying...

Back
Top Bottom