Asus eeepc 1015pn pu17 Netbook

lockess_

Baseband Member
Ive got a question i hope someone can answer asap pls.

ok so ive purchased CT25664BC1339 2GB, 204-pin SODIMM ram and im not sure if it is compatible with Win7 starter or even compatible with this pc...
this is a crucual ram and ive order both ram and netbook separately and am waiting for it to be delivered at this moment.
I should have done better research on the ram but i hope some1 can help me.
does any1 know it is compatible with this netbook and if 2gb ram is optimal with win7 starter?

According to the Crucial website, the part they recommend and guarantee compatible is this. It has the same specs and price as the part # you ordered so I think you will be OK. As long as the RAM is compatible with your hardware the OS is irrelevant. Regardless of whether 2G is optimal or not, it is the max RAM you can add to that netbook so there's not much to say. My wife has a similar eeePC with 2G RAM and it runs Win 7 Starter fine for surfing the web and other light tasks. You probably won't be happy if you try to do video editing or something like that.

ty so very mcuh.. yea i figured the specs was matching and then saw the crucial reccomended one was different... and i felt stupid for rushing the order... but yea u gave me the right confidence i needed... yea i think it matches...
and some1 said something about win7 not working with 2gbram thx for telling me that ram doesnt have anything to do with os... yup i got it figured out now... yea this comp is for college only so yea its all good

Back
Top Bottom