Stack overflow??????

llatpoh76

Solid State Member
My friend is having a problem with his GoDaddy email on his computer. Logs in without issue but when he clicks on an email to read it he gets the following message "stack overflow on line 1733" and the email does not open. He has no problems with his Cox email or Gmail. The issue only exists on his PC. He tried it on his wife's laptop and it worked fine. Both the PC and the laptop are using the same ISP in the same location. It is not a GoDaddy problem. Any suggestions?

this is a programming term and happens when a program goes into an infinite loop (such as during recursion) and there is nothing telling it to stop. Eventually he computer runs out of memory because it keeps creating new objects and then the current "Stack" overflows. As to why its happening in email, my guess is their application is running some recursion and is having trouble exiting. Could be GoDaddy's fault.

I am having the same problem with my Godaddy email account. As soon as I log in I get the message 'stack overflow at line: 1727' or 'stack overflow at line: 1751' or another line. When I go to Mozilla I don't get the pop ups but still cannot use the account properly. I have discovered I can forward emails and send new ones in IE but can't open any.

The Godaddy adviser told me this was due to a problem on my laptop and suggested I run virus checks etc. I have done all of this - run AVG, Spybot, Malwarebytes and all of them were clear with no infections. I have also cleared the system with Glary Utilities. I have also done a Disc Defrag and did a System Restore back to Friday of last week, the day I last used this email account. None of this helped, I still can't use my email.

I am able to do anything else I want to on my laptop with no problems. I can also access my email accounts at AOL, Hotmail and Yahoo with no problems whatsoever. Any help gratefully accepted.

You've taken all the steps you need to. It's time to call them back and ask them to help you with other ideas. Other than the AV (I don't use AVG) the other two software suites should be enough to knock out most major infections.

After more calls and fiddling about the problem appears to be solved. And, as you and I suspected, the fault was on the Godaddy Workspace site, where I access my emails. They finally realised after the advice line had spent an hour telling me it was my laptop, getting me to disable add-ons, switch between Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox etc. etc. Eventually somebody twigged and the following worked:

Click settings.
Click Personal settings.
Click Security tab.
Under Security Options tick the box marked 'Use Full-Time SSL mode'.
Click OK
Log out of your account then log in again.

This instantly solved my problem. I was told the SSL mode is an extra security filter. I don't know what it blocks so long as my email works. Hope it works for others if they are using the Workspace.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Thank you GT. My friend called to let me know that it worked. It's ashame that no one at GoDaddy was able to help him.

Back
Top Bottom