2x Faster for $3 more, Yes Please!

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
So I'm moving to Cheyenne, WY. tomorrow and had to call Qwest to move my service. So, initially, they said that they could offer me only 1.5Mb @ $40/mo internet and it would be setup on Monday. I get a call today from a tech in Qwest saying that they have no service to my location and the order would need to be pushed out by two weeks!! Now, I work from home, so that's just unacceptable. I currently, by the way, pay $46.99 + tax/mo for a 7mb/796k connection.
So, I had the option to simply drive an hour, one way, to work for the two weeks while the lines were buried to my new place. However, they also offered me a 20Mb connection, but at the price of almost $80/mo. Time to price shop....
I call the local cable company and not only can they get me setup on Saturday, there's no deposit, no credit check, free modem, and I get a 15Mb/2Mb connection for $49.95 flat... NO...MONTHLY...CAP... although the rep I spoke to mentioned that Uncle Torrence would attract attention quick, I'm not too worried about that anymore these days as he doesn't come visit barely at all.
Who's got two thumbs and is excited about their upgraded internet speed??
this_guy_card-p137245109571771197q0yk_400.jpg

That's awesome man, I'm glad they accommodated you especially with work at stake. Furthermore, The speed increase I'm sure you'll come to appreciate.

Ya I wasn't looking forward to driving two hours each day for work, so the timing couldn't be more perfect considering my work week starts on Sunday. As for the speed increase, I'm mainly looking forward to the upload speed as I do a lot of online gaming and that's a major factor. All in all, it worked out much better than I expected.

NICE, very NICE

when i move in a few months and im between ISPs ill probably just teather/wifi my charges 4G LTE service at 25MB/s 10MB down lol

Upload speed affects online gaming? I thought that's only if you host or upload stuff. I upgraded my internet speed awhile back, 7Mbps/896Kbps from 1.5Mbps/896Kbps. I didn't notice anything during online gaming except that my brother and I can play online at the same time (wasn't able to with 1.5/896).

I think my parents pay $36.99 for the internet after discounts/bundles and before taxes. Difference after upgrade was awesome.

There's a catch some where kid. Is that an intro price then it goes up after X amount of time?

Back
Top Bottom