What do you think of christianity?

atheismq.png

Oh, I'm Catholic by the way. . .

There hasn't been a major evolution in 2000 years and everything is as it was
that rather ignores the fact that people have become physically taller in the past few thousand years.

on a macro level we can see adaptation and evolution of species all the time.

viruses for example can change within months of years, take the swine flu that broke out last year, that virus evolved to be able to infect humans.
We see new varieties of plants through cross pollination all the time.

it would appear that the larger and more complex the organism, (human vs plant vs bacteria vs virus) the slower things take to evolve. either through natural selection of mutation of genetic material.

which is why in the past few thousand years all humans have managed to do is loose the use for the appendix (but not actually loose the organ), and why we've only gotten a little taller and a little more disease resistant.

yet viruses have mutated and evolved into millions of different variants.

atheismq.png

Oh, I'm Catholic by the way. . .

I've often said the same thing actually, that if you believe that this just happened and that just happened and something else just happened and it's all really random, then you may as well just believe in a god.

I mean take humans for example, incredibly complex beasts, the only way of reproducing being sexual, the two having perfectly matched sexual organs, deriving pleasure from sex that would make a person want to do it more.

How did that all happen by chance? could it even happen by chance, even on the subject or reproduction, how likely is it that the womb developed all by itself? I mean we're talking incredibly complicated stuff there.

humans are not quite perfectly adapted though.
for example when a baby is born it is born earlier than would be ideal, because allowed more time to develop the brain and reach a stage where the skull would be fused and offer more protection would see a head that was far too large to be able to fit on "the way out".
babies are practically unable to see, apparently only being able to make out colours, (compare this with some animals born able to see from the word go, and evade predators...)

I don't actually like the idea of intelligent design, but to be honest there are so many and then that happened, then that, that really, it's such a huge leap of faith to believe science that you may as well chose God instead!

(but I'd prefer it if one half of the world wasn't fighting the other over who had the best imaginary friend.)

+1

that rather ignores the fact that people have become physically taller in the past few thousand years.

Hence the "I could be wrong" because I knew I was simply overlooking something.

on a macro level we can see adaptation and evolution of species all the time.

viruses for example can change within months of years, take the swine flu that broke out last year, that virus evolved to be able to infect humans.
We see new varieties of plants through cross pollination all the time.

I personally believe that this is more by design. What I meant by "no evolution" was simply that, there have been no introductions of major species changes for quite some time. The evolution of a virus or small organism would make sense to me given that we are plagued with disease and our natural defenses adapt as well. (Although I'm also of the belief that some viruses are man-made money makers)

it would appear that the larger and more complex the organism, (human vs plant vs bacteria vs virus) the slower things take to evolve. either through natural selection of mutation of genetic material.

which is why in the past few thousand years all humans have managed to do is loose the use for the appendix (but not actually loose the organ), and why we've only gotten a little taller and a little more disease resistant.

yet viruses have mutated and evolved into millions of different variants.

Agreed

I've often said the same thing actually, that if you believe that this just happened and that just happened and something else just happened and it's all really random, then you may as well just believe in a god.

I mean take humans for example, incredibly complex beasts, the only way of reproducing being sexual, the two having perfectly matched sexual organs, deriving pleasure from sex that would make a person want to do it more.

How did that all happen by chance? could it even happen by chance, even on the subject or reproduction, how likely is it that the womb developed all by itself? I mean we're talking incredibly complicated stuff there.

Take the human eye for example, there are 16 major parts that would have evolved at the same time in order for the human eye to function correctly, although in science you're taught that evolution can take thousands of years. To me, that just doesn't add up how 1 part would evolve and then systematically plan the next 15,000 years to develop the rest.

humans are not quite perfectly adapted though.
for example when a baby is born it is born earlier than would be ideal, because allowed more time to develop the brain and reach a stage where the skull would be fused and offer more protection would see a head that was far too large to be able to fit on "the way out".
babies are practically unable to see, apparently only being able to make out colours, (compare this with some animals born able to see from the word go, and evade predators...)

I'm not gonna lie here, I have nothing intellectual to add to that!

(but I'd prefer it if one half of the world wasn't fighting the other over who had the best imaginary friend.)

Agreed!

not to put too fine a point on it, christianity reminds me of the monster in the closet stories i used to be read as a small child.

I was taught from an early age that ghosts and magic don't exist, hense why im an athiest and evolutionist.

I just don't believe, and I don't really care if other people do, unless I was going out with a girl that did...

whoever wrote that 'Atheism' is clearly stupid and has never seriously considered evolution. I'm familiar with christianity, islam, sikhism and hinduism, in return i expect such people to be open to my beliefs as well. If i am open-minded towards you, and you not toward me, then you do not deserve such open mindedness.

YouTube - ‪Big Bang Briefly (Briefly Ep. 01)‬‏
YouTube - ‪The Theory of Evolution in 2 Minutes.‬‏

In my opinion, the logic behind the big bang and evolution theories is much more convincing than a book of unconfirmed origin trying to convince us that pre-marital relational consumation under any circumstances is sinful, sexuality other than hetero is an abomination, and that a big omnipotent, yet unable to prevent suffering, beardy man in the sky created two people that we are all descended from. IF there's one thing i can take from science, it's that if we were all descended from two people, we'd all be frightfully deformed, disabled, impaired or just look alike.

whoever wrote that 'Atheism' is clearly stupid and has never seriously considered evolution. I'm familiar with christianity, islam, sikhism and hinduism, in return i expect such people to be open to my beliefs as well. If i am open-minded towards you, and you not toward me, then you do not deserve such open mindedness.

YouTube - ‪Big Bang Briefly (Briefly Ep. 01)‬‏
YouTube - ‪The Theory of Evolution in 2 Minutes.‬‏

In my opinion, the logic behind the big bang and evolution theories is much more convincing than a book of unconfirmed origin trying to convince us that pre-marital relational consumation under any circumstances is sinful, sexuality other than hetero is an abomination, and that a big omnipotent, yet unable to prevent suffering, beardy man in the sky created two people that we are all descended from. IF there's one thing i can take from science, it's that if we were all descended from two people, we'd all be frightfully deformed, disabled, impaired or just look alike.

Okay okay, but whoever wrote the 'checkmate' quote is also clearly stupid. Again, if one held the power to resurrect a life, why interrupt the experiment for some discomfort? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the everything we will ever experience in life is a matter of comfort, because a woman being raped is by no means an acceptable loss. If, however, for that tragedy, the same woman was to live forever as a perfect being, how does that weigh out? Where do the scales tip? I'm not trying to disprove what you believe Darkseeker, simply provide a little more clarification on what I believe. I accept that it's very possible that I'm wrong, no doubt in my mind that I could be barking up the wrong tree for a little bit of mental security when considering my demise.

As for the comment about us coming from two people and being deformed. Adam and Eve ( are believed to have) lived for 900+ years as they were once perfect, their offspring therefore did not suffer the same deformities we now see in inbreeding. The earth was then populated ubiquitously when man attempted to build a tower to the heavens and was thus made to speak different languages and scatter, thus giving us the unique race traits we now have. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Back
Top Bottom