Facebook Chat

That's your fault for not setting the correct permissions. Other people can only see what you let them see.

They're not looking at my profile so I don't need a telling off, it's just my school warned students that they can view messages and our profiles. And I have set everything to friends only.

I really hate the new system. Conversations go to the message box and even when I delete the whole thread, it will reappear again there. Sometimes it will go permanently away when deleting it multiple of times.

everything that goes onto facebook has to go onto their servers, it doesnt just float around in a cloud. in chat, you send your message to the server, which in turn sends it to your friend. The facebook servers will be many hundreds of Terabytes, if not multiple Exabytes in size, and nothing that goes onto facebook leaves in a hurry. Even if you delete a post, the post is still stored on the servers, it just isnt displayed on your wall.
I wouldn't say it would exceed a few Petabytes. The whole intire amount of computers in the world don't even amount to a thousand Exabytes. I don't think Facebook would amount to that.
Just sayin'.

If you don't like facebook saving stuff, then don't use it. Seriously. That won't change. Even if you hide your conversation history it doesn't mean that facebook don't have access to it, it most likely just means you personally can't see it.

Oh yeeeeees... I think they still have everything we have deleted. If not, that's very good as lots of stupid things tend to get posted and then soon deleted by users anyway...

i don't know the real option but yeah you can get the option on the settings of chat from there you can change many settings. so i think you will also get this kinda option there.

Back
Top Bottom