Compression Has Been Enabled On The Site

JCB1

Daemon Poster
Hi Guys

Just to let you know today I have enabled compression on the site. This compression has reduced the page size by 3 - 4 times and will make the pages load faster for us. Let me know if you have any issues pop up

@ Setishock I can see you are using vbulletin as well, If you want to know what I did send me a PM

@ The_Lucas Thanks for the links, some useful info there

FYI : Im also looking as making a few more changes which will hopefully speed things up for us

@ Setishock I can see you are using vbulletin as well, If you want to know what I did send me a PM

@ The_Lucas Thanks for the links, some useful info there

FYI : Im also looking as making a few more changes which will hopefully speed things up for us

Glad to provide them, it's my belief every web master should know about this stuff, it really helps.

Update : I have done the following changes to this site to speed it up for us all

1 - Enabled Compression

2 - Compressed images on the site, (The compression would have no affect on image quality)

3 - Enabled caching of the sites Templates / Style. (I accidently enabled caching of .html pages last night, So if you are having troubles with pages updating please clear your cache.)

4 - Yesterday I increased the compression and this has had a posative impact on the sites performance

5 - Plus a few other small changes to the sites code which helps the page load quicker

Before I started these improvements pages were taking 6 seconds to load, Now they are taking 2 seconds to load and sometimes under 2 seconds. There are still a few improvements I can make which should hopefully make the pages load in 1 - 1.5 seconds.

I hope the site is a bit faster for you guys as well :)

Seti need day off...

Ok Pm coming your way.

I suggest getting signed up for CloudFlare as well. Most of the features are free, and it's definitely sped up my site a lot in addition to the other stuff I've done: Performance & Security for Any Website | CloudFlare | Home

Also, this tool is very handy in suggesting optimizations: GTmetrix | Website Speed and Performance Optimization

And cloudflare is playing things too close to the vest for me. If I have to grant them access to my domain and website then that's over the top. Just another hole in my security to have to contend with. No thanks...

Seti need day off...

Ok Pm coming your way.

And cloudflare is playing things too close to the vest for me. If I have to grant them access to my domain and website then that's over the top. Just another hole in my security to have to contend with. No thanks...

They actually provide security as well for your site. Read up and watch the video. I've noticed some huge improvements since I got them set up, and they've been very helpful in the rare occasions I've encountered a problem.

Back
Top Bottom