I Love you Steve.

there should still be an edge/3g option available atleast.

i dont know... i just think they have potential to do so much better, although a lot of people already think apple are amazing, so i guess they are just cashing in on that.
It's not possible, even for Android phones from what I heard. I mean, it's not possible for normal people with average jobs, who want to pay a whole lot for the extra bandwidth used to make video calls. And that's not even HD stuff either.

I can get a BlackBerry, Darkseeker, FOR FREE. One of the high end models. Not the junk.

We can get iPhones for free in the UK. Infact, we can get pretty much any phone for free - as long as we take out a contract (what you call a service plan, perhaps)?

I have the iOS 5 beta. It's nice - real nice.

It's not possible, even for Android phones from what I heard. I mean, it's not possible for normal people with average jobs, who want to pay a whole lot for the extra bandwidth used to make video calls. And that's not even HD stuff either.

not possible to do what? make video calls?

been able to make them for years here in the UK. i have a galaxy s with android and i can video call on that. you need 3g turned on, but it works well enough

been able to make them for years here in the UK. i have a galaxy s with android and i can video call on that. you need 3g turned on, but it works well enough
No, it's possible to make video calls, it's just impossible for a lot of people to make them over their data plan because of the bandwidth consumption.

im sure here in the uk we just get billed like 50p per minute for example. so data usage doesnt matter. i remember when i used to be on 02 and video calls were included as part of voice minutes. im not sure if tmobile have the same policy.

especially with the iphone 4 signal problems, etc.

There aren't any signal problems. This is coming from an actual iPhone 4 owner.

but seriously. had a quick read and one of the new features is a reminders app or something. they have that on 10 year old phones .... unless im missing something?

The calendar application has had reminders since the iPhone's inception. Now it has its own dedicated application. No big deal.

you still need wifi to make video calls now thats right isnt it? or certainly did on most of the other models. that is just poor really.

ooVoo and Skype work on the iPhone over 3G. Please do your research before making such claims.

I can get a BlackBerry, Darkseeker, FOR FREE. One of the high end models. Not the junk.

What's your point? There's no such thing as a 'free' phone. You'll be paying for the 'free' BlackBerry ten times over with your new contract.

Just like the iPhone 4...

I get a free phone through a government subsidy for NOTHING. No contract. No fees. Not one thin dime coming out of my pocket.
Airtime is included in that.

The calendar application has had reminders since the iPhone's inception. Now it has its own dedicated application. No big deal.

ooVoo and Skype work on the iPhone over 3G. Please do your research before making such claims.

What's your point? There's no such thing as a 'free' phone. You'll be paying for the 'free' BlackBerry ten times over with your new contract.

i thought you needed wifi to make video calls on the iphone 4? that was the case on some of the others atleast. thats my point. installing 3rd party stuff is all well and good, but i was on about out of the box functioning.

i was referring to the massive uproar when it first got released and everyone was claiming to have bad signal problems. just didnt explain it very clearly. just pretty poor for the prices they charge really. which is why as i said they are a good enough company, but sometimes for the prices they charge i just dont feel as though the features, etc reflect that. video calls especially...

i thought the iphone 4 could only use wifi out of the box? thats my understanding of it. all good and well installing 3rd party apps but a) some people dont know how, and b) video calls have been around donkeys years, so adding a 3g option too isnt hard, and for that price id expect it as standard. yea wifi is obviously better, but its just the little things (and some big things) that annoy me about apple and the prices.

just saw one of the new lg windows phones for £180 unlocked here. pretty much the same spec as the iphone 4 just a different os. how much is an iphone 4? £300-£500 im guessing? big difference.

The signal problem came from the un-protected ends of the antenna, after the problems surfaced, Apple put black acrylic strips between the active ends of the antennas so you can't bridge them with your palm or fingers. I've had my iPhone 4 since december and haven't noticed any signal issues anywhere, even in the middle of the countryside still got strong GPRS usually.

I get a free phone through a government subsidy for NOTHING. No contract. No fees. Not one thin dime coming out of my pocket.
Airtime is included in that.

There are alot of companies around here that provide iPhones for their executives, instead of the usual practice of forcing your employees to use BlackBerrys. They don't pay nothing unless they go over the tariff the company pays for.

swings and roundabouts.

anyway, nothing is ever perfect when it initially comes out - look at Sandy Bridge and it's billion dollar complete recall. Apple aren't the only company that make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, that's why there's rubbers on the end of pencils.

Think about Windows - if Windows 7 came out perfect, there wouldn't be any need for updates, hotfixes or service packs.

Back
Top Bottom