I Love you Steve.

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
I mean, like seriously. iOS 5 looks immense, really excited for it's release - Loving the social media integration and better notifications.

Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5.

particularly this

features_imessage.png

hopefully, BlackBerry will die out now.

wireless Sync is pretty awesome too, tbh there isn't much i dont like about iOS 5.

I'm considering putting it on my iPod once they get an untethered jailbreak for it.
I'm looking forward to the new notifications system and the todo app, and that new split keyboard feature on the iPad is making me want one so badly lol.

just seems to me like they are adding features which they could of quite easily added years ago, yet they decide to cash in on people willing to spend 100's on a slightly newer device. then keep them sweet with software updates.

dont get me wrong im not an apple hater, but im certainly not a lover. if i owned an apple product id just expect a bit more for my money really. especially with the iphone 4 signal problems, etc.

but seriously. had a quick read and one of the new features is a reminders app or something. they have that on 10 year old phones .... unless im missing something?

just seems to me like they are adding features which they could of quite easily added years ago, yet they decide to cash in on people willing to spend 100's on a slightly newer device. then keep them sweet with software updates.

dont get me wrong im not an apple hater, but im certainly not a lover. if i owned an apple product id just expect a bit more for my money really. especially with the iphone 4 signal problems, etc.

but seriously. had a quick read and one of the new features is a reminders app or something. they have that on 10 year old phones .... unless im missing something?

Well there's apps for that in the App Store, but Apple has apparently decided to make their own for some reason.

just seems a little silly. a) as you said theres apps for it, b) as i said its been around for years. most phones have some sort of to do list, c) they should just cut the crap out of their software. as i said im no apple lover, but i have to say the apple software does contain some really cool and useful things, but also some very pointless features. you still need wifi to make video calls now thats right isnt it? or certainly did on most of the other models. that is just poor really.

just seems a little silly. a) as you said theres apps for it, b) as i said its been around for years. most phones have some sort of to do list, c) they should just cut the crap out of their software. as i said im no apple lover, but i have to say the apple software does contain some really cool and useful things, but also some very pointless features. you still need wifi to make video calls now thats right isnt it? or certainly did on most of the other models. that is just poor really.

Most EDGE or 3G connections can't provide the bandwidth for video calls, and it's expensive to pay for the carrier charges if you jailbreak the phone and install Facebreak via Cydia.
And iDevices have the Notes app, that has been used for a to do list.

there should still be an edge/3g option available atleast.

i dont know... i just think they have potential to do so much better, although a lot of people already think apple are amazing, so i guess they are just cashing in on that.

I saw on the IOS 5 there is going to be a built in function / app that enables you to send text messages for free because the messages dont have to be sent via your phone providor, could save me money as im on pay as you go

Back
Top Bottom