Cpu for gaming?

tom9892

Beta member
Im building a gaming pc and i want to be able to play games in 3D with nvidia 3D vision .Im wondering what the cheapest intel cpu to play upcoming games like battlefield 3 in 3d would be? im probably going to get a msi gtx560 and second one in a few months which i think will be enough as far as gpu's go .

so what cpu do you guys think i should get?

Most of the upper end CPUs are fine for gaming once you get into the higher resolutions, so that being said, a reasonably priced Intel i5 should be fine.

One of my favorites to recommend:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2300 Sandy Bridge 2.8GHz (3.1GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52300

Just a little more dough (<$10 as of this post)
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52400

If you ever consider AMD, just about all of their X4 processors would be fine too if you want to save some cash. Pairing a high end GPU is more important for games right now like BF3 than a fast CPU (don't get me wrong, it DOES help, just not as much as it used to be) but the i5 is the sweet spot for gamers right now.

The i5 processors are very good value for money. I have one and I think the performance is great

if i get the i5 2500 and 2 gtx 560ti's ,do you think battlefield 3 will be playable in 3d on fairly high settings?

Yes, most games are console ported so you don't need to spend much to play them anymore. I'm still on a 9800gt and only the true pc titles are maxing my stuff out. Those two cards will easily handle it, i am that sure. That, and bf3 is going to the console anyhow, so it won't be THAT stressful.

Back
Top Bottom