Post your rigs here.

By the way, in CrossFire, you actually only need one of those bridges ^^^ and great case. Same one as me. :)

I have a new server up and running. That makes #3. I seem to collect them these days. o_O

Inwin Fanqua Mid tower
Asus M4A78LT-M Socket AM3
AMD Phenom II 925 X4 2.8 GHz
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1333
4 x 320GB Western Digital Blue HDs in RAID 10
430 watt Antec Green PSU

Running Windows Small Business Server 2008

my card run cooler with 2 bridges for some reason can't tell you why but I went through a big deal when i 1st got them with overheating. i put the 2nd bridge on and bang they idle at 51c and never go over 78c. I guess the extra throughput helps in some way

Actually, the extra bridge introduces errors in the CF stream, so the reason you're seeing lower temps is because the cards aren't working as hard due to the errors. That's the "dumbed down" version of my research, but it's pretty much what folks are finding online. I did the same thing with my 5870's, but my problem is that I could never get the system to be stable with two bridges, so I went back to one, and spaced the cards better, and the problem went away with the errors.

FYI, these GPUs (Radeon HD series) can do 85C and not be an issue. Folks get so nuts about temps on these things, but they're engineered to run that hot, so don't worry too much about it.

CPU- AMD Phenom II Quad-Core 965 Black Edition Overclocked @ 3.8 Ghz 6MB 140W Socket AM3
FAN- AM3 CPU Fan
MOTHERBOARD- Asus AMD785G Chipset Model M4A785TD-V EVO
RAM- Kingston 4GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz
HDD- Seagate 2TB 64MB Cache SATA III and Western Digital 500GB 16MB Cache SATA II
OPTICAL DRIVE- LG 22X DVD RW SATA + Dual Layer Support
GPU- Sapphire 1GB DDR5 HD 5770 VaporX Edition PCI-E Video Card (Overclocked)
AUDIO- 8-Channel High-Definition Audio CODEC
LAN- Gigabit LAN Controllers
PORTS- 12 USB 2.0 Ports and 1 eSata Port
CASE- Nikao 2750D High Quality Case
PSU- 550 Watt Power Supply
OS- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition Dual Boot with Windows XP Professional 64 Bit Edition
MONITOR- Dynex 19" Flat Screen 720p LCD Monitor 1440 X 900 @ 60hz + 16:10 aspect ratio

Main Computing Rig AKA 6 Threaded Demon:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair A50
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3600 512mb
Ram: Mushkin DDR3 1333mhz 2x2gb
HD: Seagate 250gb and Seagate 1.5tb
Drive: BlurayDrive
Case: Cooler Master Advanced 690 II
PSU: Cheap 480 Watt

Hoping to upgrade to ssd and Radeon 5xxx/6xxx video card for Eyefinity

My rig has been updated recently I replaced my 8600gts 256mb ddr3 which died with a XFX Radeon 6670 1gb DDR5. My psu has been replaced too I had a 400 watt Ultra psu I don't know the model of since it came with my case and I now have an Ultra X4 600 watt modular PSU. I think when the PSU died it took my graphics card with it since I know how much PSUs Like to throw a few components under the bus with them when they go

My laptop is Thinkpad SL400.

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo T6670, 2.2Ghz
Memory: 2GB

My PC is 6 years ago, it's museum piece:

CPU: AMD SP 2500+
Mother board: ONDA NFS4
Memory: DDR400, Kinston, 512M
Graphics card: ONDA x550xt
Displayer: LG 710G

It's interesting that, PC still works good !

Just I brought a new PC My configuration are as follows :
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Mother Board :ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
RAM : DDR3 1333 (2 Gb)
HDD : 2Tb 1+1 ( Samsung )
Graphic Card : Nvidia 9400GT 1 Gb DDr2

My problem is when I installed windows Xp it work very smoothly and fast, after some day I tried to install Windows 7 on same HDD on other Drive ( D:\) during installation I receive many errors. then I changed 4 to 5 times win7 Dvds un fortunately it installed.
After 2 days my Pc creating many problem some times he take to much time for Booting, not ready to install Application, dump Error I facing system Hang Problem , right know I am in trouble and think I sold him.

Can you help me to find out it is my hardware problem or I make mistake to choose my system configuration.

Please post the answer to my email address : arif_sayeedkhan@rediffmail.com

Back
Top Bottom