Gallery: Your desktop

William_Wowk

William_Wowk
Mydesktop.jpg

William_Wowk
mine, sorry if its small :\

respect for the WoW icon :p

the lappy (that is in my sig, and is around 3 years old now), just randomly died. well, it always had problems keeping the charger plugged in. it would always be loose and would fall out (just a bad design, nothing wrong with the laptop). never really caused much bother, just meant it came off charge sometimes and had to plug it back in.

over the last year roughly it started blue screening and dying/sometimes. turning it back on would result in a blank screen, the fan starting, then it would go off. leaving it for a bit would sometimes fix it, sometimes over night would sort it, sometimes it worked when it wanted to. overheating seems like the obvious answer, but im not so sure. as i said randomly decided to finally boot whenever it wanted, then it would be perfect. only happened totally randomly over the last year, about 3 or 4 times in total, and the laptop was always under a decent workload.

then right before it died it had the same problem (i think, i cant remember), and like before it worked again after a bit. however the charging problem was quite bad at this point, and i had to hold the charger in with paper, and it refused to charge the battery up too (no, not a bad battery),so if it came out of the laptop the laptop would die. one day when using it the laptop just turned off and hasnt been back on since. i assumed as it wasnt charging and it was very loose that it just needed a new charging block. installed that fine and even tried a friends charger, but it just wont power up. so im thinking mobo? the old charging block had a crack on the circuit though from where i had to hold the charger in the laptop at an angle, so that was obviously why it wasnt charging. maybe the mobo died at the same time or i messed it up in the process.

also bought a laptop off a friend, but the screen started to go funny, before dying. then it would turn on briefly with no screen on before turning off, now it wont turn on, but still lights up when on charge, etc. i thought GPU, but now i dont know. you can replace the GPU via the mxm slot. just seem hard to get hold of.

just now looked at this again, WoW on 2gb of ram and a 945 mobile chipset. funn... dark, i dont mind, but how many times have you replied to this with your new desktops? lol

Back
Top Bottom