Multiple Monitor Support

bottomline85

Beta member
I recent go to nice LCD's for a good price to add to my exisiting one for a total of three. I ran into a problem I hope someone here can help with.

I have a HP with a PSU of 350 watts, quad processor, one pci, two pcie x1, and one pcie x16.

The pcie x16 slot has my current graphics card with is an ATI Radeon HD 3650 chip which will support up to 2 monitors.

I looked around online to find better video cards, however, they require a higher PSU. I'd rather not upgrade the PSU if I don't have to.

Any suggestions guys?

only way your gonna pull that off is upgrading the psu and getting a nice gfx card id go with an eyefinity card if i were you it will put them all together and make 1 big moniter

only way your gonna pull that off is upgrading the psu and getting a nice gfx card id go with an eyefinity card if i were you it will put them all together and make 1 big moniter

Thanks ... How hard is it to swap out a psu? What brand do you recommend to get to replace my existing?

What case do you have? Most cases use atx power supply form factor however some slim line versions use very uncommon types.

Looking at the system on HP's site, it looks pretty much like a standard Mid ATX case, so if that's the case, as long as the power supply is standard dimension (if you can get a picture of the inside of the case and post it here, we can tell you for sure) then you should be able to upgrade it no problem.

Corsair is the brand I buy lately, but I've also owned Rosewill, Cooler Master and Antec. Any of those brands 550 watts or so should be plenty for a single GPU upgrade if you change nothing else. Upgrade to a higher wattage if you want to get something that will be a little more future proof if you intend to upgrade more later.

That being said, what games are you looking at playing?

the above mentioned brands listed are good I personally don't like rosewill but its prefrence. seasonic is a really good psu brand and they have the best prices right now

Ok ... so I got the RAdeon HD 5760 card ... I can't get eyefinity to work (which really isn't want what I want) and it will only extend my desktop to two monitors.

What card can I buy that will support a 550 watt power supply that will extend to 3 .. YES ... 3 monitors ...

Ok ... so I got the RAdeon HD 5760 card ... I can't get eyefinity to work (which really isn't want what I want) and it will only extend my desktop to two monitors.

What card can I buy that will support a 550 watt power supply that will extend to 3 .. YES ... 3 monitors ...

To get eyefinity to work you need 1 monitor with display port, the other two can use dvi.

Back
Top Bottom