What do you think of christianity?

atheism-prayer-jesus-god-stupid-atheist-christian-religion-c-demotivational-poster-1225157710.jpg

God: I refuse to prove that i exist, for proof denies faith and without faith i am nothing

Man: But the babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it; it proves you exist so therefore you don't.

God:Oh, i hadn't thought of that. *Promptly vanishes in a puff of logic*

Man: That was easy *Goes on to prove that Black is White, an gets killed on the next Zebra Crossing*.

With Evolution, you have to understand that each species has two very unique makeups, male and female, that would have had to evolve exactly the same to continue to be of the same species. There's simply too many male and female counterparts in nature to support evolution.

With Alien Creators, where is the evidence? The Pyramids? That's good evidence I would say, considering how perfectly square they are and how close they mimic the stars. Stonehenge, another good sign of Alien interference. It's not something I'm necessarily opposed to, just not my personal belief.

And what evidence is there for God?

You are incorrect that there are too many species for sexual reproduction to occur. Infact, technically it only needs to 'evolve' once, and all other sexual species evolve from it. This, as it happens, appears to be what occured with all sexual species, including us, having a common ancestor - the eukaryotic species. After that, the advantages of sexual reproduction (such as the sharing of advantagous genes) ensured that sexually reproducing species have a much higher survival rate in comparison to other species during natural selection.

The very fact that the christian religions foundation, the ressuruction of Christ, is told 4 times in the Bible - yet all 4 books contradict each other, leaves absolutlely no credability to the whole thing. IMO.

There's just no evidence, it's no different than a fatasy story. People, for some reason, just need it.

Never said there was evidence for God. One of those "take my word for it" kind of things, and yes, I know that sounds bad... lol

Some mad atheist might come on and started ripping the s**t out of god that's what I'm worried about.
I've personally never heard of or encountered a "mad atheist" but I've seen plenty of radical religious zealots. I wonder why that is?

As for the OP's question re: christianity, I was raised and indoctrinated as a Lutheran but even as a small child I simply could not believe in something so implausible. As soon as I was given a choice, I completely abandoned christianity and all forms of religion and have never missed it. One of the things I always resented about my upbringing was the fact that I had religion rammed down my throat.

I have 4 adult children. I made it a point not to force their belief in any way. I never talked good or bad of god or religion to them. They are all very level-headed individuals that have higher morals than kids I know that were raised with "christian values".

I use to be a hater, but old age and experience has taught me better.

I think God is like Love. in that, Love is a word, which means different things to different people.

I also believe there could be a god. only because I believe anything is possible.

I use to be a hater, but old age and experience has taught me better.

I think God is like Love. in that, Love is a word, which means different things to different people.

I also believe there could be a god. only because I believe anything is possible.

probably the best way I've ever heard it said.

I am an atheist. I don't believe in a god, but simply that things happen for a reason (similar to Karma).

That said, I find religion to be very interesting. The one thing that always holds true about religion is the main religion in the area defines most of the ethics and morals of the society. I find religion to be a great set of guidelines for living but if we followed it to the t like some people claim to do, selling your Daughter and stoning your neighbor would still be legal.

What I hate about religion are the extremists who claim to know and live by the exact word of their god. Look at the Westboro church with "God hates soldiers", a "good" Christians would know that their god turned the Jewish into soldiers to get them a place to live. If he hated soldiers that wouldn't have happened (assuming that you believe it did). Also priests not being able to get married and have children? What happened to God telling man to be fruitful and have a lot of kids? Idk, organized religion is just too corrupt for my liking, and the extremists just ruined it.

Back
Top Bottom