What do you think of christianity?

clacker

BSOD
Personally I don't believe in it. What do you guys think about the whole theory, and what is your religion?

Oh boy, this thread may or may not be locked... we'll see how the discussion goes lol.

I would have to say that I'm a Christian but of no church affiliation. Personally I believe in the Bible but not church. When man tries to tell man what God's word says, you get false prophets who would twist the word of God into their own personal scare tactic. I don't force my belief on anyone else and understand that others may share similar or have different beliefs. You have to be open minded enough to know that you may not be right just as the Bible could be wrong. I just hate that there's so many people who would twist, what I believe to be the word of God, into a fallacy to get people to give up their hard earned money. That's all I see church as, a money maker.

I personally think, though, that the real problem is not in the Bible, or the Quran, or whatever other holy book may be out there. The problem is in fundamentalist radicals who believe that they're doing God's will. They believe that God talks to them or has some special purpose for them. Who knows, maybe they're right and I'm wrong but I can't see God wanting people dead. Just doesn't make sense if you actually read the Bible, and I mean the new testament, not the old "Kill a woman for speaking out of turn" Bible.

On the other hand, I can see why so many people would hate the Bible or any holy book and deny God. Man has come a long way in his time on this planet and it's easy to say that there is no God, especially considering the suffering that goes on today. That then rears the question of how we got here. Evolution? Alien Creators? or God...

With Evolution, you have to understand that each species has two very unique makeups, male and female, that would have had to evolve exactly the same to continue to be of the same species. There's simply too many male and female counterparts in nature to support evolution.

With Alien Creators, where is the evidence? The Pyramids? That's good evidence I would say, considering how perfectly square they are and how close they mimic the stars. Stonehenge, another good sign of Alien interference. It's not something I'm necessarily opposed to, just not my personal belief.

I'm sure that we can get some healthy discussion here and not start a religious war. If everyone understands that when they post, please don't trash other's beliefs (sure hope I didn't :confused: ). This is a good topic to be discussed I think and can yield some very interesting points.

This is probably a little too sensitive of a topic for the forum. Anyway

Believe what you want to believe, but try to force it on others and endure the flawless logic of science. People like Westboro Baptist Church for example - im sure every decent human being becomes very angry at these yobs. Similar story for Sunni Islam (Al Qaeda) and any fundamentalism.

I respect others beliefs, but do not expect me to believe what you believe.

I've read alot into religion and i see the appeal, but it's just not for me.

These kind of discussions never really achieve anything that i've seen - The Athiests leave as athiests, and the mono/polytheists leave as slightly angry mono/polythiests. Even the most open minded of discussions is still an argument about what we're meant to believe in.

I thought it would be quite a popular thread as this argument could go on for years. Also I respect the views of Christianity and see why they believe I just don't think the bible back it self up, I'm no expert on religion but that's my opinion.

With this thread I think we just need everyone to be mature.

With this thread I think we just need everyone to be mature.

Maturity is not really the problem, people go ape @#%! about beliefs and get very sensitive. People need to understand that it's a discussion and not an avenue to force your religion on others and we're not knocking any one belief system.

Maturity is not really the problem, people go ape @#%! about beliefs and get very sensitive. People need to understand that it's a discussion and not an avenue to force your religion on others and we're not knocking any one belief system.

Some mad atheist might come on and started ripping the s**t out of god that's what I'm worried about.

Some mad atheist might come on and started ripping the s**t out of god that's what I'm worried about.

Tempting... Very tempting....
I've study religon for a few years. I don't find anything about it appealing. Other then the security blanket effect it has on people.

As long as they rip God out in a very constructive way, I'm not necessarily opposed to that. Saying "God is wrong" is one thing, saying "God is wrong because x, y, and z" is completely different. I'd be interested in hearing from some atheist and their logic on God.

Back
Top Bottom