Need Help Bridging Routers

jeremy28092

Baseband Member
Ok so I have 2 routers 1 is a wrt54g v2.2 flashed to ddwrt the other is a zsr4154we. basiccly the setup is like this me and my neighbor are sharing internet I set up my modem at his place and the wrt54g I have the zonet router at my place and have the WAN medium set to wireless and it gets online to his router. my problem is that I seem to be getting throttled in utorrent and when I play CODMW2 It says I have a strict NAT. I have set my routers IP in dmz mode in the wrt54g and set my ip on my PC to dmz in my zonet router. I did this after trying every form of port forwarding I could think of and it just won't work so any help would be greatly apreciated

yea it is but all the boxes are green that kinda confused me my isp is time warner cable

So this is how it is setup? Modem > wrt54g >(wirelessly) zonet > your pc and Xbox. Did you check the modem's settings? That may sound weird but some modems actually have a configuration page. Also, if your neighbour has configured those ports to go to him. That may cause conflict.

For me, torrenting always chews up my network bandwidth and my router's memory. I'm willing to be a router just needs it's firmware updated to something slightly newer and robust.

It is so simple.
First call your ISP and request a second IP address. Static. It should be free or cost no more than 5.00usd a month extra. Don't tell them what you're doing. Sharing like you have is a no no.
From the modem to a 5 port switch.
From each router's WAN port to a port on the switch.
Program your router with the static address. The other with the floating address.

I have set up every hotel network I installed that way and it works just fine. The routers don't affect each other and you can program each one as you like.

Well I can't get a static IP not gonna say why just leave it at I can't. my routers both have updated firmware the zonet is updated to latest stock but can only be flashed with stock, the wrt54g has DD-WRT firmware on it. I can open ports for any program I need to, and utorrent says the port is open but I can't get above 30KBps download speed. when I speed test im getting 35Mbps down and 1Mbps up. I tried using frostwire to download a torrent and it works at full speed so something is just blocking my torrent programs.

Back
Top Bottom