Would This Rig Function On A 460w Power Supply?

Themilkman

Solid State Member
This is the only wattage of power supply that comes with this specific customized model. Would it function? Would it put strain on the system? Any and all input is appreciated.

Operating systemGenuine Windows 7 Home Premium [64-bit]
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-970 six-core [3.2GHz, 1.5MB L2 + 12MB shared L3 cache]
Memory12GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
Hard drive2TB RAID 0 (2 x 1TB SATA HDDs) - performance
Office softwareNo additional office software

Graphics card1GB DDR5 Radeon HD 6850 [2 DVI, 2 mini-DP, HDMI. VGA adapter]
Power Supply460W Power supply
Primary optical driveSuperMulti DVD Burner
NetworkingPremium Wireless-N LAN card
Productivity ports15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, audio
TV & entertainment experienceNo TV Tuner
Sound CardIntegrated sound
Keyboard and MousePremium HP keyboard and optical mouse
Your additional options:
Click edit to modify. NOTE: These items are in stock and will ship immediately.MonitorHP 2311x 23-inch LED Monitor
SpeakersLogitech Z506 5.1 Speaker System

Using the NewEgg power supply calculator which only allows for 4 gig ram memory the answer would be no. It calcs out to 491 watts not including the extra 8 gigs of ram. The power supply is one place I won't cheap out on. A lot of problems can come from under sized power supply, and you never know what you might or may need to add on later.

460 cheapo chinese watts, no.

460 Branded, high quality Watts, probably yes. But i don't like to go below 600W at all with machines like that, even with Corsair Gold or Antec Earthwatts.

i'd sit here and tell you how pointlessly overpowered that all is, but i'll leave that for another thread ^_^

Good Power Supply brands:

Antec
CoolerMaster
Corsair
Rosewill
Thermaltake
Lian Li
XFX

Avoid cheap chinese stuff with prices like $20. A Good quality power supply is an investment and is more likely to be in the region of $60-100.

Back
Top Bottom