How much do you think it would sell for?

davidelliott

Baseband Member
Hi,

I'm possibly looking to sell my gaming rig and build another.

The specifications are as follows:

Case: Antec 902
Motherboard: Asus M4A88T-V EVO USB3
Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Cooler: Corsair A50
GPU: ATI 4890 1GB GDDR5
RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x2GB 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz
PSU: Arctic Power 700W
1xSony Optiarc DVD RW Drive
1x320gb SATA-II HD
1x500GB SATA-II HD
1x1TB SATA-II HD

This isn't for sale, i'm looking to see what you would pay for it.

When you say it's not for sale but your looking to see what you'd get for it, you have to remember that most people are not enthusiasts. And enthusiasts, like most of us on CF, will build their own regardless.

Personally, if you were to put that on an advertising board in a shop or a paper, I don't think you'll get much more that about £300 - even that's at a push. It's second hand, no monitor or keyboard is included (so far in your list anyway) and people won't appreciate things like fast branded memory, the decent cooler or the decent PSU. All they'll be interested in is the simple numbers.

For selling it to us, enthusiasts, I think you might even get less. I wouldn't pay that anyway, as we all want our computers our own way and we'd probably only use it for parts or barebones.

That's my opinion anyway.

Chris.

When you say it's not for sale but your looking to see what you'd get for it, you have to remember that most people are not enthusiasts. And enthusiasts, like most of us on CF, will build their own regardless.

Personally, if you were to put that on an advertising board in a shop or a paper, I don't think you'll get much more that about £300 - even that's at a push. It's second hand, no monitor or keyboard is included (so far in your list anyway) and people won't appreciate things like fast branded memory, the decent cooler or the decent PSU. All they'll be interested in is the simple numbers.

For selling it to us, enthusiasts, I think you might even get less. I wouldn't pay that anyway, as we all want our computers our own way and we'd probably only use it for parts or barebones.

That's my opinion anyway.

Chris.

Would be selling it to;
A) Friend
B) eBay.

That's of course if i choose to sell it.

Would be selling it to;
A) Friend
B) eBay.

Regardless, I don't think you'll get much more than £300. The Gfx card is not too great compared to the lastest ones either. Ebay is a very competitive market for selling desktops, and I presume they'll be no support or warranty. This is what a lot of people will consider when spending that sort of money on goods.

But, I could be wrong likes, but that's my gut feeling.

Cracker meant 450 USD. which is ~£270.
You would be lucky if you get $600 (~£360).

Like some have already stated, many people just simply will not pay over few hundred for computer.
enthusiasts, however, will rather build their own. (I'd rather build my own, unless a premade one was really, really cheap.)

...barebone, huh. yeah that's a good idea.
I think you might be able to get a little more money out of that computer if you sold part by part on ebay.
that way, you can keep the parts you want to hold onto, too!

Regardless, I don't think you'll get much more than £300. The Gfx card is not too great compared to the lastest ones either. Ebay is a very competitive market for selling desktops, and I presume they'll be no support or warranty. This is what a lot of people will consider when spending that sort of money on goods.

But, I could be wrong likes, but that's my gut feeling.

Infact, my 4890 will play anything on the market right now, almost full. The 4890 ties with the Nvidea 460 or even beats it. So even if it is old, it is very good. As far as i know the 4890 has lifetime warrenty as it is the XFX edition. My motherboard, the M4A88T-V 3 years warrenty. The 1055T is also 3 years. The Corsair XMS3 RAM is lifetime warranty.

I bought the 4890 2 years ago.
The Mobo, processor and RAM a few months ago.

Cracker meant 450 USD. which is ~£270.
You would be lucky if you get $600 (~£360).

Like some have already stated, many people just simply will not pay over few hundred for computer.
enthusiasts, however, will rather build their own. (I'd rather build my own, unless a premade one was really, really cheap.)

...barebone, huh. yeah that's a good idea.
I think you might be able to get a little more money out of that computer if you sold part by part on ebay.
that way, you can keep the parts you want to hold onto, too!

There also comes a risk of not selling all the parts this way.

Infact, my 4890 will play anything on the market right now, almost full. The 4890 ties with the Nvidea 460 or even beats it

No, it does not beat it
Compare Nvidia Geforce GTX 460, ATI Radeon HD 4890.

You can argue, and it'll be a tough argument still, that they are equal in performance, but where the 460 wins, it wins with a greater margin than when the 4890 does. The 4890 is certainly not a faster part.

So even if it is old, it is very good. As far as i know the 4890 has lifetime warrenty as it is the XFX edition. My motherboard, the M4A88T-V 3 years warrenty. The 1055T is also 3 years. The Corsair XMS3 RAM is lifetime warranty.

I bought the 4890 2 years ago.
The Mobo, processor and RAM a few months ago.

There also comes a risk of not selling all the parts this way.

Your not getting the point. People don't want old. People won't buy it like they buy a new system in a shop. People are not interested in buying a system where they, themselves, need to return the items individually for the warranty. They want to return the PC and pick it back up fixed, or better yet, have an engineer call round and sort/replace the parts on site. You selling your system second hand does not offer this. Its a home build, people like brands. They like simplicity, not complexity. You offer no reassurance. And to enthusiasts, you might be able to sell the parts second hand, but still, they won't give you top prices for them, especially since most of them are now aiming to get i5's or i7's.

Everything may be relatively new, but the second hand market simply does not work that way.

If your looking for a better price in the second hand market, your simply not going to get it unless you get very very lucky. And if you want to hear anything different, then I'm afraid no amount of justification will make that happen.

Chris.

No, it does not beat it
Compare Nvidia Geforce GTX 460, ATI Radeon HD 4890.

You can argue, and it'll be a tough argument still, that they are equal in performance, but where the 460 wins, it wins with a greater margin than when the 4890 does. The 4890 is certainly not a faster part.

Your not getting the point. People don't want old. People won't buy it like they buy a new system in a shop. People are not interested in buying a system where they, themselves, need to return the items individually for the warranty. They want to return the PC and pick it back up fixed, or better yet, have an engineer call round and sort/replace the parts on site. You selling your system second hand does not offer this. Its a home build, people like brands. They like simplicity, not complexity. You offer no reassurance. And to enthusiasts, you might be able to sell the parts second hand, but still, they won't give you top prices for them, especially since most of them are now aiming to get i5's or i7's.

Everything may be relatively new, but the second hand market simply does not work that way.

If your looking for a better price in the second hand market, your simply not going to get it unless you get very very lucky. And if you want to hear anything different, then I'm afraid no amount of justification will make that happen.

Chris.

It beats it in some areas.

Back
Top Bottom