brand new to this forum..have a computer to sell

fitnessguru

Beta member
Hi all,
I'm brand new to this and not really a computer person, but looking to sell a computer my ex-boyfriend built for me. If anybody has some help or suggestions or want to buy it, then great! It is a dual boot-up with Windows XP and Linux. I was playing around trying to get my extra hard drive out and now it won't boot up. I think I may have unplugged a wire or did something, because it was working as I wanted to make sure I was deleting and trashing everything from it. So I dont know what I did. It is Zotac, Intel Core Duo 2.53gHz, 3.12 GB RAM and I think has 2 or 3 hard drives in it. I also have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse I would like to sell with it. If anybody can help me with either selling it or what I did to make it not boot anymore that would be great. Thanks in advance.
Megan

If you're still friendly with your ex I would get him to check if you have accidently struck a wire or broken anything.

And by the way are you selling it as revenge?? :D

chances are that if you were trying to remove a HDD that either 1 of 2 things happened.
1. You removed the data cable from the primary boot harddrive.
2. You removed the power cable from the HDD.

there is also a chance that you unplugged a power to CPU or the 24 pin main.

What are you looking to get for this computer? and Pictures will help us to find whats not working inside the case.

Hi all,
I'm brand new to this and not really a computer person, but looking to sell a computer my ex-boyfriend built for me. If anybody has some help or suggestions or want to buy it, then great! It is a dual boot-up with Windows XP and Linux. I was playing around trying to get my extra hard drive out and now it won't boot up. I think I may have unplugged a wire or did something, because it was working as I wanted to make sure I was deleting and trashing everything from it. So I dont know what I did. It is Zotac, Intel Core Duo 2.53gHz, 3.12 GB RAM and I think has 2 or 3 hard drives in it. I also have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse I would like to sell with it. If anybody can help me with either selling it or what I did to make it not boot anymore that would be great. Thanks in advance.
Megan

It's always better to sell large items like computers locally. Craigslist and Backpage are your number one online classified sites to sell locally in your area. If you do decide to sell your computer via Craigslist or Backpage, make sure for security reasons that you meet the buyer with a friend, never alone.

Good luck selling your computer. Always meet the buyer responding to your ad with another person, never alone.

Back
Top Bottom