Mw3

Luke_Uk_Baggy

In Runtime
I've only recently got Black Ops and love it, purely for online play and zombies.

MW3 sneak-preview trailer is out, for anyone who's interested, and hasnt seen already:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - GAME.co.uk

And 3 'In Game' Screenshots here:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 screenshots released | T3 magazine

If you are in the UK, cheapest places I've seen to pre-order are Overclockers.co.uk and Sainsburys. Both offering it at £35.99 (Inc. VAT). The rest are pitching it between £40-£45.

Looks a bit tasty, but then again, I suppose any Call of Duty game would do, wouldn't it?

The monthly fee for "premium" content killed any hopes I had for this game. I thought MW3 would be an improvement from the last two as they are supposed to bring back dedicated servers but I was fooling my self thinking Activision actually cared about their customers. MW3 is nothing more then an experiment to see how deep a gaming company can get into your pockets.

Shadow said it very well. The only "dedicated servers" that can handle this game are ones that can play it... Most expensive business class routers that cost 4k+ Can't even run the "servers" for mw3 compared to $400 everyday pc's... That's sad. Then again, would $4k servers have video cards with more than 8-16MB of vram in them today? At least i would assume most are made more cpu heavily than gpu.

I'm done with Call of Duty anything. And this "elite" stuff they are talking about, are they adding on top of what the game should be, or are they taking the good stuff out that should be there for you to pay for?

Yeah I will be interested to see what this game has once it's released. I liked MW one and two.

The monthly fee for "premium" content killed any hopes I had for this game. I thought MW3 would be an improvement from the last two as they are supposed to bring back dedicated servers but I was fooling my self thinking Activision actually cared about their customers. MW3 is nothing more then an experiment to see how deep a gaming company can get into your pockets.

I have heard about these fees from quite a few, how much is it going to be exactly, or does no one really know yet? Thanks.

I've heard numbers from $3-$10 a month. Not a lot of money but it begins to set a precedent that companies can pull BS like this and get away with it. Spread that $3 over a couple hundred thousand users a month and the company is making way more money then they deserve for a game that is just a rehash (same game engine) of the previous 3 and only 1 years work on it.

I've heard numbers from $3-$10 a month. Not a lot of money but it begins to set a precedent that companies can pull BS like this and get away with it. Spread that $3 over a couple hundred thousand users a month and the company is making way more money then they deserve for a game that is just a rehash (same game engine) of the previous 3 and only 1 years work on it.

$3 wouldn't be too bad depending upon what they have to offer. Though I agree, $3 times all the people paying once a month will make the company thousands in a short time... We would then question if they are being greedy (probably).

$3 wouldn't be too bad depending upon what they have to offer. Though I agree, $3 times all the people paying once a month will make the company thousands in a short time... We would then question if they are being greedy (probably).

Why question what we know. If they're just slightly updating the game each year for $60, it's greed. Those are not new games, they're updates, so they're dlc and only dlc.

Back
Top Bottom