Call Through PC Phone Jack

QuintonS

Beta member
I have a Phone line input, probably fir Dial-Up internet, but I wanna know how to use it to make phone calls. Anybody have any tools I can use to do that? More info: When I call someone on my computer I want the number to show up as my home phone's number. Not through skype.

That phone jack on your computer is connected to an internal modem. As Chipeater's links show, you can open a terminal program and issue AT commands to dial the phone but that isn't the friendliest way to do it. You might try something like this: Phone-Dialer-Plus

There is an even easier way to do it. Just create a gmail account (free) and login to it. On the bottom left among your contacts there is a "phone call" button. It's toll free within the US, and you can just use a headset to talk through it, no phone required.

There is an even easier way to do it. Just create a gmail account (free) and login to it. On the bottom left among your contacts there is a "phone call" button. It's toll free within the US, and you can just use a headset to talk through it, no phone required.

This would be useful if I had internet. I wanted to know this so when my power goes out, which also means my modem would go out, which ALSO means no internet, Skype, Gmail, nothing. But phone line's still work but my home phone runs on a DC plug-in so that doesn't work. My laptop has battery power which could run for about 3 hours when I'm using it.

Back
Top Bottom