Web Hosting & Domain Name

scimad

Beta member
I would like to know how can i host my website with my own computer? And furthermore, I want to know where should I register my web domain.

To host your own website you need sufficient bandwidth and port 80 forwarded to your computer. You will then need to negotiate with your ISP for a static IP address. Then redirect the domain you are going to register to that address. You then need a http service running on that port.
You can register for a domain name here.

My recommendation is better you choose a web hosting company. Hosting from home is not an easy task and has many, pit falls. In most cases using a host is a far more appropriate way to host a website as opposed to hosting your own pages on your own hardware. Because you intend to run a business on your site is very important to get it right from the start. By using a hosting company you get their experience and ability.

That, and most are under $10 a month for great service. And you can always upgrade. Many, such as godaddy for $7 a month, offer unlimited bandwidth. You won't run out ever and know (you could just round it up) that your website will always be there.

Thanks to you all. By the way, I want to host a website only for learning, its not for my professional motive. So, its what I am trying.. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom