Diff Frequency Ram Problem.

jcr40e

Solid State Member
I just Bought an ECS A780GM-A Motherboard last year, then used 1 Kingston 1GB 800 and 1 Transcend 1GB 667 Ram, then used them together. It ran just fine, but after a year my monitor became somewhat Frizzled, it kept blinking and frizzling. When I remove the VGA cable, the monitor is fine, but when I plugged it back, it was just messed up, there were also times that when I turn on my Monitor all I see is Black, as if there were no Video Input. I know that the Ram will downsize itself to the Lowest Frequency.

My questions are:
Was this the Cause of my 2 Different Frequency Ram? If so then why was it fine after a year?

How do I know whether my Ram frequency is running at the specified Frequency 800 MHz, because I saw in other forums that some rams doesn't run at the given Frequency. I use CPU-Z to determine my clock speed, frequency etc. and all I saw was SDRAM: Frequency 400.0 MHz, FSB: 1:2 I do not understand what these mean.

Should I buy another 1 Kingston 1GB 800 ram, with my existing RAM, but will this fix my Frizzled monitor problems?

Any feedbacks is much appreciated.

[...]Was this the Cause of my 2 Different Frequency Ram? If so then why was it fine after a year?

The cause of the two different RAM speeds in your computer is you. You installed them. Of course, the memory will only operate as fast as the slowest RAM, so they aren't operating at two different speeds or frequencies.

If you are asking if having RAM with different speed ratings is causing the problem with your video display adapter, no, it is not.

okay ive tried using 1GB ram only used the kingston 1GB 800 ram, it turned on fine, but still the monitor keeps Frizzling, blinking black and then on. i'm using the motherboards integrated GPU, what might be causing this problem? must it be the Refresh rate? the GPU itself? or the monitor, i am using a Samsung 793V CRT monitor.

The first thing that I would do, if I were you, would be to make sure the latest video display adapter drivers are installed. If you are using the motherboard video display adapter, check for the latest drivers for your motherboard. The display, or video, drivers should be included.

I have updated my Video Display adapter, and still no good, monitor keeps Flickering, I'm beginning to think that this might be a Bad Motherboard. till then i'm still open for any solutions, that might help me.

You could try adding a video card to your computer. Do you, or maybe a friend of yours, have an old video card laying around. Something that would work in your computer?

i do have an old Video Card, but the thing is it's an AGP haha! owell, i'll just buy a new Video Card then, i was planning on buying an PC HD5550, would that card be suited for my Motherboard? and does that card have any good reviews or what so ever?

I have found some new update about my Motherboard. now i have read the Box cover, as I have said I am Using an A780GM-A Black series Motherboard. and what i have found out is that the Board handles DirectX 10, then so I checked my DirectX version on the system itself. RUN>dxdiag then what I found is that my Version is DirectX 11. would that be one of my problem? I mean, since i am using the Onboard GPU which only supports Dx 10 then seeing my Dx version on the system Dx11. maybe that's my Problem, would you have any Idea on how am I going to revert this version back to Dx10? someone correct me if I am wrong.

Looks like I might have found the Problem. I uninstalled all Drivers of the ATI Catalyst. then while installing my System is downloading the Default Driver, ive been playin SC2 and no flicker nor Crash has occurred so far. I hope it wont occur anymore. but still i will buy a GPU thinking about PC HD5550 it supports Dx11. Thanks for the Help!

Back
Top Bottom