What is your country?

AmazingP

Solid State Member
I am curious to know where the members of this forums are based on? I am from the Philippines -- a beautiful and friendly country here in the Southeast Asian region. :eek:

United Kingdom - a smelly, polluted, boozed-up dump of a country with a useless government, in the west of europe xP

Wow! And I thought that you guys out there are experiencing the best of everything the world can offer. Here in my country, majority of people are living as poor but our index of happiness is a little bit higher compared to industrialized countries.

im from the uk as wellm got quite a few members from the uk on here :)

Wow! And I thought that you guys out there are experiencing the best of everything the world can offer. Here in my country, majority of people are living as poor but our index of happiness is a little bit higher compared to industrialized countries.

well... to be honest, in some ways we are, in other ways we aren't.... happiness is subjective...

in a lot of ways, we have it great, in a lot of other ways we might not...

Hmmm Scotland/UK...

The thing is, a lot of people in these 'rich industrialised' countries have life that good that the fail to understand what real problems are. They're out of touch with the harshness of non-industrialised life and generally are non-appreciative of what they've got or the life they've got. There's also a lot of people who get lazy with how easy life can get and don't even attempt to experience all that they can. I'm very rarely unhappy, and it's never with the country or place I live in. Sure, I'm dissapointed now and again when I see neds and the likes, wasting the chance that they have at having a decent life, but myself, not unhappy at all. This country's given me an education, a decent future, peace (within our own borders anyway - where I live), food on the table, running water, free health service, the ability to earn my money and buy consumer goods. There's nothing to be unhappy with here, yet a lot of unhappy people who are dissolutioned with the place don't appreciate what they've got. Not that things can't improve and mistakes can be made and have been... but, there's no need to be unhappy, or worse, resentful of it.

One happy Scotsman/Brit here....

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom