Firefox 4 any good??

Not sure if this is a Firefox or flash issue but I sometimes have issues when streaming videos. On Youtube sometimes videos will pause and keep buffering, on South Park Studios when I watch South Park online the video sometimes skips to the very end. This shouldn't be happening on my fast 25 Mbps/25 Mbps Fios connection. Also when watching Family Guy online on fox the video controls will vanish so I can't adjust to volume, go full screen, play or pause the video.

Not sure if this is a Firefox or flash issue but I sometimes have issues when streaming videos. On Youtube sometimes videos will pause and keep buffering, on South Park Studios when I watch South Park online the video sometimes skips to the very end. This shouldn't be happening on my fast 25 Mbps/25 Mbps Fios connection. Also when watching Family Guy online on fox the video controls will vanish so I can't adjust to volume, go full screen, play or pause the video.

<grumpy>sounds like flash. It's always flash. Adobe sucks! I hate Adobe!</grumpy>

Yeah probably, I haven't tested yet to see if it's browser related. I may try in Chrome just to eliminate the browser as the cause, it's really annoying though.

The only problem I've found with firefox 4 is that it broke all of my addons! Overall I'd say I like it, but I think they changed the anti-liaising settings on the text, and I had to make it bigger.

Hopefully there's updates by now for the broken add ons. All my addons were update for FF4 when I upgraded, the only ad ons I use are Adblock, the others sit disabled unless I need them for something.

Firefox really annoys especially with the FF4 UI glitches and locking up. Memory usage is a pain, FF4 still uses more than other browsers.

I meant the issues I'm having are annoying me. Firefox memory usage is not dependent on the OS afaik. I might need to re-install Firefox and disable some plugins to see if that fixes anything.

Ehh, my opinion of firefox has gone down since they are now doing faster development, the gap between Firefox 3 and Firefox 4 was some years, and they just released the beta for Firefox 5 which is said to release in 3 months.

Ehh, my opinion of firefox has gone down since they are now doing faster development, the gap between Firefox 3 and Firefox 4 was some years, and they just released the beta for Firefox 5 which is said to release in 3 months.

its free an no giant company is behind it. You want a giant company behind the browser, you get IE. Chrome is amazing beacuse its in competition with IE. IE was amazing because it was in competition with netscape. Once they win, and they get your vote, than they pull resources to another product and the browser becomes shit. Use Firefox if you don't want that to happen. Remember, IT'S FREE as in COMPLETELY NO STRINGS ATTACHED FREE! Chrome and IE are not, there are strings attached.

EDIT: I'm not directing this towards you, but everyone who complains about Firefox. I personally use Chrome, but once FF gets their independent tabs process tabs running, its back to FF. I like 4 personally. It's hot and fast.

Back
Top Bottom