Where should I start with programming?

so i download a compiler to program on and then a IDE is a helpful resource?

and i could google it but i dont know all the terminology there is so it would be hard to find what i dont know im looking for.

thank you for your help!!!

edit: so im trying to isntall java on ubuntu. its being a pain. i downlaoded the binary file, and then i changed permissions and ran ./ command to configure it. now i have the files extracted in a new folder but i dont get anyway to install it past that. there are some readme's that are no help. anyone know how to install JDK on linux?

so im trying to isntall java on ubuntu. its being a pain. i downlaoded the binary file, and then i changed permissions and ran ./ command to configure it. now i have the files extracted in a new folder but i dont get anyway to install it past that. there are some readme's that are no help. anyone know how to install JDK on linux?
Why can't you install it via the package manager?

so i download a compiler to program on and then a IDE is a helpful resource?
Not really sure what you're getting at here - the compiler translates your human-written code into machine code the computer can understand. An IDE, when used properly, provides lots of helpful shortcuts that make programming far easier.

I wouldn't really recommend starting with batch files, you can end up using gotos and all sorts of nasty things that might get you into bad habits later.

I guess you try online tutorials for programming and maybe start C language. I believe C language can be for beginners like you or maybe try Visual Basic. Either way, if you learn one of these languages, it will not be hard for you to learn another language.

i started programming with visual basic,, its a good language for beginners and after you learn one, its soo much easier to learn another

Simply find a language that you are interested in learning.. and start actually learning.. find some e-books or on line tutorials and you will be set. It is honestly not worth wasting time, looking for a good programming language to learn. I started with JAVA then C++ and after learning those languages, every other language was cake.

Since I was last here I have become a more mature person and computer user. I have tried out 4-5+ languages, which confused me and I'm still wondering why I done that.

These days, I mainly focus on using PHP. I had a go at developing some blog software, but unfortunately I stopped on that project (3 days ago) and haven't done much PHP since then. If you have any suggestions about what I should make than feel free to shoot me a PM or post a reply in this thread. One of my biggest issues is choosing what I should make and that is my downfall with programming, so any extra help I can get is more than appreciated.

I'm not sure whether it's against the rules bumping this thread, but I would really like a reply. If it is against the rules than feel free to close this thread, staff.

Read, read, read! I would have never learnt programming if I hadn't read books. As for which programming language, do try C#. It's not hard because you have the autofill which can be the best resource in the world. That's how I learnt, it only took about 2 months as well.

It's not hard because you have the autofill which can be the best resource in the world.
Or, if you're learning from scratch, arguably the worst! If it was taken away could you still code?

Back
Top Bottom