Universal PC Remote

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
So I'm looking to build a second media center once I move for my bedroom. Before I build I want to find a universal remote that will work with my computer as well as the TV it will be hooked up to. I'd prefer to have one that has a built-in mouse but I can live without that.

I currently have a Gyration remote that I love but they don't make them anymore :(

Does anyone know of a remote that can fit my needs?

Preferably not that high but I'm pretty open right now. I'm just shopping around to get ideas before i take the plung.

I looked at that and it seemed like that only used windows for configuration, I didn't see anyone mention using that for actually controlling the computer.

I use a harmony remote for my HTPC and it works fine. I have one of the older cheaper remotes. Best Buy has them on sale this week.

How does that interface with the computer? does it come with a USB dongle?

Most of your tuner cards come with there own remote and remote sensor. So it it just a matter of programing the harmony to your tuner card. I have 2 haupuage 2500 dual tuner cards in 2 HTPC computers. I don't like the remotes that come with them as feel and look cheap plus hate having bunch of remotes laying around.

Most of your tuner cards come with there own remote and remote sensor. So it it just a matter of programing the harmony to your tuner card. I have 2 haupuage 2500 dual tuner cards in 2 HTPC computers. I don't like the remotes that come with them as feel and look cheap plus hate having bunch of remotes laying around.

I have 3 of those crappy things laying around... I never figured that I could use that interface.

On my remotes, their power button turned on media center. Can it be re-programmed to actually turn my system on?

Back
Top Bottom