Where to learn about BlackBerry/BBOS

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Well, i'm not happy about it because i hate them with a fiery passion, but im going for a job where knowledge of BB/BBOS is mandatory. Only rudimentary level, and i assume that they, under the layers of illogical garbage that makes up the OS, they follow similar rules to most smartphones. I've set up a few but im not confident i'd know enough.

Googling 'Where to learn about BlackBerry' didn't through up much other than the BB Qualifications.

Any ideas?

Well, i'm not happy about it because i hate them with a fiery passion, but im going for a job where knowledge of BB/BBOS is mandatory. Only rudimentary level, and i assume that they, under the layers of illogical garbage that makes up the OS, they follow similar rules to most smartphones. I've set up a few but im not confident i'd know enough.

Googling 'Where to learn about BlackBerry' didn't through up much other than the BB Qualifications.

Any ideas?

oh man! Poor soul! I take it you tried here?

cheers for link i knew about RIM but their site seems as illogical as their products. lol

the only thing i remember is each time you want to join a different Wi-Fi network, unlike most smartphones where you just turn wifi on and tap connect and enter the key, on BBs you have a whole wizard setup to go through.

cheers for link i knew about RIM but their site seems as illogical as their products. lol

the only thing i remember is each time you want to join a different Wi-Fi network, unlike most smartphones where you just turn wifi on and tap connect and enter the key, on BBs you have a whole wizard setup to go through.

yea, i remember my first job out of college, I was tasked with setting up the Exchange server to work with the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). After some research it was like:

"Go through this 900 page checklist to make sure your Exchange server is prepared"

... so i did and then i realized: "ok, 850 items in this list don't match my Exchange server. I better Call RIM:

ME: "Hello RIM, 850 out of 900 don't match, what do i do?"

RIM: "don't worry about it, just install!"

so i did, and it worked. I was amazed. Spent a week trudging through that manual!

The solution prior to BlackBerry was PALM pilots!!!

Back
Top Bottom