Imac G5 Isight not working, along with half of the computer

Unit562

Beta member
so, in my recent move to Texas, i have been stuck with an Imac G5, and im a bit of a mac hater. and of course, this mac has just confirmed my theory that macs, well, suck. Nothing works, half the damned apps are gone, and the automatic software updater wont download anything new on it, and best of all, the Isight has stopped working. this is extremely frustrating as one might imagine, transitioning from a fully functioning custom built PC to a mac that doesn't work.

Right now all i want to fix is the Isight. but in the near future i would also like to fix everything els, like the missing apps/drivers/system files. re-installing the OS would be an option, if the disks weren't destroyed by the same 7 year old that managed to do all this damage to this computer in the first place.

btw, i know i have an ugly disposition towards mac, but im open to making this NOT a piece of junk, so please, dont go all Fanboy on me, you wont win :)

To be fair, an iMac G5 is not the best ambassador for the Macintosh platform, since they were almost entirely crap. Try one of the new Sandy Bridge ones of you feel yourself hating on Apple too much :p

Unlike windows, you can't really get many/any utilities that will let you repair drivers if they are corrupted or missing. Apps can be re-installed, but some aren't downloadable anymore, it depends which .app files are missing. If you can find the disks and they work, i suggest just wiping and loading, it's the easiest way really if important bits are missing and you don't mind wiping it. iLife will come back in it's entirely too if any of it is missing. If you can't find the disks, just see if there are any iMac G5 Leopard 10.5 disks or retail disks on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom