Random Chit Chat

Dammit! One step forward, two back-- I got the new drive for my laptop, but now the Dngrlab computer, the one with all my backup data, went south.

I got permission to pick up a 2TB NAS for backing up everyone's laptops, but now I have to find a SATA-eSATA cable or enclosure so I can restore all my data.

... and now I can't remember where my blog data was on the old drive. Hopefully that was backed up, or I will be weeks digging through email traffic finding all the entries.

Dammit! One step forward, two back-- I got the new drive for my laptop, but now the Dngrlab computer, the one with all my backup data, went south.

I got permission to pick up a 2TB NAS for backing up everyone's laptops, but now I have to find a SATA-eSATA cable or enclosure so I can restore all my data.

... and now I can't remember where my blog data was on the old drive. Hopefully that was backed up, or I will be weeks digging through email traffic finding all the entries.

Google's Page Caching is useful for lost blog backups!

So... is it woth it? Easy to learn? Tips?

I have it an got sick of being lost an stopped playing

dude, it is one of the BEST games I ever played. However, the learning curve is insane. It took me a long time to get comfortable with it. Once I did, I loved it and didn't want to leave. I did get burned out after about 2 years of play though, so I stopped for like 6 months, than I went back and they had a whole bunch of new stuff, so I played, got burned out again, played again, and then they added planet mining and a WHOLE bunch of stuff to go along with it and that' when I decided that I'm wasting my time and I should be doing things like programming games like that instead of playing them. My character has 40m skillpoints so i'm up there, but i just don't have the time to play anymore. It's very very technical and highly nerdy. The game is so deep, it has its own economy. No joke, they have an economist on staff, that does the whole Eve stock market, mineral costs, valuations, etc.... and it is the one game that levels you up, when your not playing.

I say go for it. In the end, you'll be smarter as opposed to other games. Eve makes wow look like Looney Tunes.

oh if i may add... you get quite a rush when 700 starships warp into battle at once and start going at it. yes, that's 700 players at once.

or... when you lock on to a guy, and just start tearing away at his ship.

Back
Top Bottom