Xbox 360? worth it?

sam235

Solid State Member
Hello guys, i was just wondering is the xbox worth getting atm? or should i w8 till they release the new 1 in a year or 2?i have been a playstation fan since ps1, i am just looking for a bit of change and Wii isnt really my type, thnx in advance :D

Sure its worth it. The prices have come down a lot of the years, and waiting around until the new one might be awhile. Then again...its not like 360 costs $600 anymore.

Why don't you give the ps3 a whirl, I think its an overall better system, and provides a lot more features and functions then the xbox line-up. Anyhow...go for it, waiting and waiting isn't gonna be worth it. Also, if ya want to try and save a few bulks, then buy one used from someone online.

Cheers.

For games such as Forza Gears of War 2 & 3 and other exclusives I'd say it's worth it. Even though Xbox Live gold isn't free online is still a better experience with Xbox 360 than PS3 for the time being. If you buy an Xbox 360 I would suggest going with the new Xbox 360 slim model as it is less prone to failure and RROD than the older models.

you can pick up a 360 for dirt cheap these days. You will then be able to play exclusive games to the 360 you havent played before such as Halo and Gears of war, I had both games and lost many hours playing them :)

When I get some money, a PS3 and Xbox 360 along with an HDTV and a Blu-ray home theater setup is on my to purchase list. Then I'll have the ultimate living room setup along with my gaming/media PC.

thanks for the reply guys, its just that i am not really sure its a safe investment since microsoft might be coming out with there next gen console late 2011 or early 2012(not sure thats what i heard)but i am really interested in trying out halo since i am in love with FPS games like Cod and killzone

reasons xbox is better:

1. More (and better) games

2. It's microsoft, so obviously tweaking them is pretty easy, drive flashing, cloning drives if one breaks, etc.

3. £4/month GOLD fee pays for better server maintenance and service, and makes up for the XBOX being, on average, half the price of the PS3. Gotta make your money somewhere.

4. Gears of War 3. Nuff said.

Plus, if they break, someone like me or my mate with a heatgun can patch it up and have it from RROD to cool 'n' running in under an hour, and i can guarantee this refurb would get a 'dead' xbox running for atleast a year if it'd done right.

although with the new slimline xboxes, failures aren't really a problem anymore anyway.

I currently have all the systems and would advise you to wait. This is because they have all been our for around 5 years or so, and if you spend your money on them now you will regret it when the newer consoles come out.

I would only suggest you to buy a xbox360 or Ps3 if you are really crazy about gaming ASAP!

From what I've read, Microsoft and Sony aren't planning on releasing another system until the year 2015. However that may change since Nintendo will be releasing a new system in 2012. I would say Xbox for me, however 95% of Xbox games are also on PC and I have a decent gaming PC.

Back
Top Bottom