Am I upgrading or downgrading?

EvanLutz

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I really need your help on this one.
I was in my friends computer shop that just opened and I saw this pretty sweet looking laptop, the Asus Aspire 5352-BZ206. I am seriously considering trading in my computer to get this laptop, but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. The computer I own now is custom built, and here are all the components;

Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case
XFX nForce 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard
Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz (Overclocked)
Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU Cooler
XFX GeForce GTX 260 Core 216
Corsair Dominator DDR3 RAM 4GB (2x2GB) - PC12800
CD/DVD Read/Write - Not sure what brand...
320GB SATA Hard Drive - 7200rpm
Corsair TX650w Power Supply
HT Omega Striker 7.1 Sound Card

If I were to trade my computer in, I would also trade in the following;

Samsung T220 22" LCD Monitor
Razer Lycosa Keyboard

They told me to come back tomorrow and they would have my computer and other things "priced" for me. The laptop I want is $449.99.

So here are my questions.. What would be a fair price for them to offer me for all my stuff (keep in mind, they are a BUSINESS and need to make a profit)? Also, am I downgrading or upgrading? I dont play games anymore, but I am currently playing Crysis 2 when I get bored. Will this laptop be able to handle any games such as Call of Duty or maybe even Crysis 2?

Thanks for any help!

well the link you priovided lists the same laptop for $70 less. Also, you have a good machine. I do all of my development work on a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo and any games I play. Unless you must have mobility, this is a downgrade in my opinion.

well i forgot to mention that im starting college in the fall. this is one of the major factors in my decision..

honestly, i would not give up that hardware for that laptop. If i were starting college, I'd buy a tiny little laptop or an iPad that I can take to class or to the library or whatnot, but would not give a nice big monitor and full sized desktop.

... like trading an Aston Martin Vantage for a Saxo 1.1

for reference

saxo 1,1

View2-5063994.jpeg

would it make a difference if I said I only use my "beast" computer for facebook youtube and email?

Back
Top Bottom