"Hello, you just got owned"

i can change any of your passwords you guys are all stupid and that email as a threat you saying you will take my site down? That just caused alot more trouble Never forget me

Can someone get this guy's IP? He posted, you can get his IP now. Denial-Of-Service attacks anyone?

unless it actually changed since the post.

i can change any of your passwords you guys are all stupid and that email as a threat you saying you will take my site down? That just caused alot more trouble Never forget me

That was quite touching. Let's spam his email more as he seems to like it so much haha :D

EDIT: GO ROOT!!! lol.

By the way, if anyone does go forward with the DDoS attack, I'm all for it. But I think we should let the police deal with these crapheads.

Denial-Of-Service attacks anyone?
Let's spam his email more as he seems to like it so much
Come on guys... No point fighting fire with fire. I'm sure If it was really worth the effort I (and others here) could really hack off (pardon the pun) this guy, but there's just no point stooping down to his level. I mean heck, his email address is plainly there on the page for starters, he's left trails all over the place, as has been shown already he's got a bunch of forums using versions of vbulletin with security holes, none of which have any members, roots found out a load more details...

He's left all the information there for someone to seriously kick back. I'd just prefer to not give him the attention.

I'm more raising an eyebrow at the length of time it's taking to get the issue sorted in fairness... is there a status update at all?

Come on guys... No point fighting fire with fire. I'm sure If it was really worth the effort I (and others here) could really hack off (pardon the pun) this guy, but there's just no point stooping down to his level. I mean heck, his email address is plainly there on the page for starters, he's left trails all over the place, as has been shown already he's got a bunch of forums using versions of vbulletin with security holes, none of which have any members, roots found out a load more details...

He's left all the information there for someone to seriously kick back. I'd just prefer to not give him the attention.

I'm more raising an eyebrow at the length of time it's taking to get the issue sorted in fairness... is there a status update at all?
JCB said on FB that he was on his way to work and couldn't fix it at the moment. Might be down for most of the day.

Please do, and lets do preventive measures this time (and add a dark theme :D)

I'm curious, was the host compromised or just vBulletin?
I'm as in the dark as you are, I'm a volunteer mod not a server admin. I meant I should get back to my real job -food doesn't put itself on the table!

That was quite touching. Let's spam his email more as he seems to like it so much haha :D
spamming free disposable email addresses would give me precisely no pleasure.

EDIT: GO ROOT!!! lol.
my post was more aimed at the three lads behind the security forum, thinking that they are the muts nuts yet leaving enough information for my to be able to look at the state of their yard, their neighbours houses etc on Google maps.

I'll tell you what as well, I'll bet it was a lot more fun (as a technical challenge) for me to spend less than an hour and find out all that information than it was for them to run a script against a server. -and no I didn't use any special mod stuff, I just looked at the hacked page source and worked from there. finding their names, addresses currently registered domains, previously registered domains actual email addresses that they use to sign into messenger (not the throw away ones that they've put on the hacked page), finding out their families names, what sort of jobs their parents had, in the case of one pictures of their parents, details of their house, the values of their houses, works done on their houses, their ages what school they go to...

It's amazing what kind of stuff people put out there to find on the internet, I was a little disappointed I wasn't able to find out if they had any pets.
-that information may be out there, but I couldn't find it in my lunch break.
By the way, if anyone does go forward with the DDoS attack, I'm all for it. But I think we should let the police deal with these crapheads.
Really, after what I've just about the dubious legality of this practice, the fact that you could find yourself without a computer due to state intervention. you'd really want to do that?

as for the police? this is a small potatoes incident, these guys are a loose band of guys from across the world, I doubt that Interpol are going to spring into action over what looks like a simple exploit that should have already been patched being used.
(which is exactly why this kind of thing keeps going ahead). factor in the fact that these kids really are "just kids" (in the legal sense) it's not like there is going to be a conviction happening any time soon!

but as I've said above, if the police did become involved it'd stop being funny pretty quickly. (dawn raids just aren't fun).
Can someone get this guy's IP? He posted, you can get his IP now.
as I said in my previous post, he came to this forum from a VPS server,

what I didn't say was that that server was hosted at hostnoc.net who are a "anonymous" reseller host, basically they resell hosting on burstnet, but they make a big deal of being a faceless organisation to make people think that they are secure and private and anonymous...
but guess what, they are hosted in the states and would roll over the second the police showed up, (possibly even quicker than these guys would roll over on each other if push came to shove).

but there's just no point stooping down to his level.
my thoughts exactly.

really, stop reading my mind it's getting kinda scary.

I encountered the hacked page earlier, just the index page though. The rest of the forum was working fine, the problem seems to be fixed now as the correct index is now loading. Another site I visit was recently hacked due to a Vbulletin 4.x exploit, it's really a shame since the server admin is not around much so the page is still down or redirecting to a backup site. If you have the site up to date and properly secured there is really no need to worry, those "hacker" guys are script kiddies at best that don't know how to do real hacking, they just download others tools, poke around for exploits and vulnerable web pages.

Back
Top Bottom