"Hello, you just got owned"

berry120

Fully Optimized
Erm - what's going on with the home page at the moment? Has someone not been keeping up to date with server patches and let a couple of script kiddies loose? ;)

At least they only had the intelligence to overwrite index.php. As far as I can make out anyway.

I'm not sure if it's hacking per se. My assumprion is that they just guessed the host password and replaced the files.

It's nothing intelligent. It's a couple of script kiddies doing something or other, nothing more. Kind of says that there is / was some big security hole somewhere though!

It's nothing intelligent. It's a couple of script kiddies doing something or other, nothing more. Kind of says that there is / was some big security hole somewhere though!

So you doubt anything was stolen? (User account information, etc)

I doubt it.. I've seen this done my friend showed me (g00ns) his sql injections and different scripts you can do it with. It's not that big of deal

Just curious, if it was a simple replacement of the index file then there was probably nothing more done.

JCB take note. If you're running the advanced forum rules mod it has been quarantined at vb org for having some security issues leading to some vb forums getting smacked pretty hard.

So you doubt anything was stolen? (User account information, etc)

If it were me doing this, I would Soooo grab the db. I'm sure the passwords are encrypted, but i doubt the info, emails, etc is. But what sensitive info is kept here? The worst they could do, is get my junk email address and spam me or know the City in which i live. Unless I don't know something....

Back
Top Bottom