460GTX vs 560,570,580 GTX

dorfman

In Runtime
A couple of months ago I purchased a PNY 460GTX card, and was amazed by the difference of the 9500gts vs the 460GTX I dumped into it.

Now, I bought Dragon Age 2 and I was surprised I couldn't run it at max settings with my 460 and I thought...wow I'm that far behind?

And I'm very interested in Skyrim and I know that will take a beefy card.

So here is my question, while I know there will be a difference I'm asking how much of a one between at 460 to a 560ti

570, 580?

Because I literally just bought the card a couple of months ago before the 500's were out.

Or should I wait for the 600's which will probably be right around the corner?

Also with Win 8 coming out in 2012 could this be dx12? Should I just wait and get a full turn with my 460? (2 years of use?)

Suggestions?

I think you should just wait. I mean, I fell you though. I bought a 260 didn't even seem to long ago and then I knocked over my water bottle onto my computer with holes on top and totally fried it. So I bought the 460 and now they have the new ones out so quick! So your really pretty much up with everyone else. I would look and wait for people to post there test online. It really couldn't be that much different. Atleast not enough to be worth it to me...

Oh yeah and after I bought my 460. The price happen to get cut down by like 100 a month later. I was so mad..

I have the GTX460 and it plays everything I own at max settings.

thou the rest of your system might be holding you up.

Its not worth it. Dont upgrade yet. Wait for a revolution before buying a new card. Nvidia and ATI/AMD are producing cards all the time dualGPU singleGPU crazy crazy cards. Im running an extreme setup with an i7 970 and the 6970 yet Im running games on low to get the highest possible fps - so im a bit faster than other players. Often you only see a small diffrence in fps upgrading to another GPU, and spending money for 2-10 fps more. Wait a bit. The 460 is a great card for now.

It seems find for a gaming rig at this time. If that is what you got, dont yet upgrade. Im running with the specs*(see below) I can run games perfectly, but still only run games in low grafics for the highest FPS possible. THe Nvda. GTX460 is fast enough for the games right now.

Back
Top Bottom