Thinking of picking up a PS3, yellow light question...

superman22x

Golden Master
What systems are most prone to the "yellow light of death?" I'm thinking of getting a PS3 one of these days and don't want to go through that problem.

I haven't been a console gamer for many years now so I can't really answer your question. The one thing I will say though is the PS3 not being backwards compatible with the PS2 and PS1 was the killing blow for me. Would totally get a PS3 if it were backwards compatible. I don't understand why the first generation PS3s were and now they are not. GG Sony!

I haven't been a console gamer for many years now so I can't really answer your question. The one thing I will say though is the PS3 not being backwards compatible with the PS2 and PS1 was the killing blow for me. Would totally get a PS3 if it were backwards compatible. I don't understand why the first generation PS3s were and now they are not. GG Sony!

Sony lost money on PS3 sales despite being very expensive. They wanted to make the money back in game sales, but that didn't really happen. They dropped backwards compatibility because it required less hardware, thus lower production costs. From what I hear, the PS3 basically had a PS2 in it in the very first version.

I bought the PS3 mostly because of the BluRay, and considered the gaming part a bonus.
didn't really care that much about the backwards compatibility,
I still have a PS, and the PS2 Slim, this is hooked up and being used.

on a side note, the PSN is coming back online, downloading the update as I type.

I have a PS2, and they are $20 at gamestop... lol. Are the 60gb systems prone to failure? I saw one for sale that included 4 games for $175 and I might pick that up, just worried about yellowlight.

I have a semi old 60gb version, that plays PS1 games and some PS2 games.
It's never given me any issues.

Ok, I'll probably wait and see what else pops up on craigslist for a good deal then. And yeah, no credit card info going on for awhile... lol

Back
Top Bottom