Windows 7: Mirrored Volume

7D8

In Runtime
So I discovered the Mirrored Volume option completed by accident. I would like to have disk HDD1 be a data drive that many OS's on partitions can access. If I select this method and save data to it from another OS, and then log into Windows, will it just automatically duplicate the data?

Window 7 is my favorite window and still i am using this window because working speed very fast.I would like to have disk HDD1 be a data drive that many OS's on partitions can access. If I select this method and save data to it from another OS, and then log into Windows, will it just automatically duplicate the data?

This is RAID that your referring to. You are both very vague as to what you want.
It sounds like you have 2 drives and you want one OS and one data, this is not RAID, RAID makes multiple drives act as one, please give me more information if i have gave the wrong advice

This is RAID that your referring to. You are both very vague as to what you want.
It sounds like you have 2 drives and you want one OS and one data, this is not RAID, RAID makes multiple drives act as one, please give me more information if i have gave the wrong advice

I have four Hard Drives
  1. OS1: Windows
  2. OS2: Linux
  3. HDD1: Data storage
  4. HDD2: Backup for HDD1

If I use Windows 7 Mirrored Volume Option on HDD1 and HDD2, effectively turning them into a fake RAID 1 mirrored drive, and I Log out of windows and log into Linux. I proceed to work on a file located on HDD1. Will my changes, that I made in Linux on HDD1, replicate onto HDD2 the next time I log into Windows?

Back
Top Bottom