Going to canada

So first time overseas, will be going to canada for 2 weeks (1 Week work, 1 week play).

What would be the best way to carry cash? Should i buy a simcard here or buy one over there? Will my iphone work?

Also any tips or suggestions would be great :D

Not sure about phone. Where in Canada? Cash should be safe in a wallet. It's not a real dangerous country(depending where you are of course).

where abouts are you going? not that it matters too much. like with any visit for the first time, there is always lots to see and do.

I'd take some cash and credit cards (don't put all your eggs in one basket)

Its a good idea to buy a local pre-paid sim if you don't want to pay for high roaming costs

Where in Canada are you going too?

I am in Ontario, and believe me, its not much of a change going from the States to Canada nor is it Canada to the States. Yeah, good idea to carry some cash, but credit cards are also could since they generally give you good exchange rates. Other then that, depending on where you're going, Canada over all is pretty easy to get used too. Phone wise, good idea to get a prepaid sim and just top it up. Roaming charges will get pretty expensive if you're going to be using your "Data" but phone calls aren't that bad.

Where in Canada are you going too?

I am in Ontario, and believe me, its not much of a change going from the States to Canada nor is it Canada to the States. Yeah, good idea to carry some cash, but credit cards are also could since they generally give you good exchange rates. Other then that, depending on where you're going, Canada over all is pretty easy to get used too. Phone wise, good idea to get a prepaid sim and just top it up. Roaming charges will get pretty expensive if you're going to be using your "Data" but phone calls aren't that bad.

Neo is from Australia

but Canada is basically a French version of Aussie lol
you have nothing to worry about, its a nicer country then the USA by far.

I'd take some cash and credit cards (don't put all your eggs in one basket)

Its a good idea to buy a local pre-paid sim if you don't want to pay for high roaming costs

Yeah, I 'll have the Work Amex and ill use my Visa card for my spending money. Are you meant to tip in canada?

If i do buy a prepaid sim (I have an unlocked iPhone 4), who would be the best telco to go with?

I'll be around the Toronto Area :D

Yeah, I 'll have the Work Amex and ill use my Visa card for my spending money. Are you meant to tip in canada?

If i do buy a prepaid sim (I have an unlocked iPhone 4), who would be the best telco to go with?

I'll be around the Toronto Area :D

dude thats cool, Toronto is about 4hrs north of where im from in PA, US.

man i wish hockey season was still going on :( Id suggest going to a hockey game up there with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Back
Top Bottom